The Day In The Desert

(Y/n)'s POV

I looked down at my hands.  They were shaking. What if I mess this up? What if he agrees with Kaveh!? This could go terribly! I bit my nail nervously as I thought of all the ways this could go wrong. Then, I heard Uncle Wrio's voice in my ears.

"You'll never know the outcome unless you try."

I took a deep breath and looked into Alhaitham's eyes.

'It all happened at the Interdarshan Championship when we were kids.' I began

***Flashback***

'C'mon, Dad, pleaaaassseeeee.' Kaveh begged

'Yeah, Uncle Kian! Show 'em you're the boss!' I said, smiling brightly

'Alright, kids. Now, will you please let me work?' Uncle Kian said with a smile

'Yay!' we beamed up at him

(time skip!)

Kaveh and I cheered for Uncle Kian, but sadly, he still lost. In a fit of anger and bitterness, he stormed his way to the desert. My mom already followed after him just to make sure he was ok. Hours passed but both of them didn't return.

'Kaveh, I'm getting worried.' I said, looking at him. 'It's been an hour since they rushed out there. I'm going to go and check it out.'

'Wait (Y/n), it could be dangerous!' he said, but I was already rushing my way to the desert '(N/N) WAIT!)

My gut told me something was wrong. I already lost my dad when I was younger...I can't lose my mom, too. I looked around, trying to catch my breath.

'MOM! UNCLE KIAN! WHERE ARE YOU!' I called out, but I got no response

I heard a scream all of a sudden, and my blood ran cold. I ran to the source. It had to be my mom! As I ran, I saw a blood trail. It started with small splotches before it became puddles. My heart rate was spiking each time. This was known to be a place where eremites camped out a lot. I huffed as I tried to catch my breath. I looked at the eremite camp, and it was destroyed. Tents were torn apart. Pieces of ripped clothing and broken weapons. I picked up the only functional sword on the floor for self-defense. I knew I shouldn't have gone farther, but I needed to know if they were ok.

'M-Mom? Uncle Kian?' I said, but this time, my voice came out as a pathetic whimper. 'Where are you two?'

As I reached farther in the desert I saw a figure leaning against a tree. My eyes lit up when I saw them. I neared them, and it was my mom.

'MOM! Thank the archons!' I said, hugging her, but she didn't move. 'Mom?'

I pulled away as her limp body fell to the floor, motionless and lifeless. I saw the puddle of blood she was in. My eyes widened in horror as I saw the large stab wound in her gut.

'MAMA!' I screamed.

My eyes welled up with tears.

'No...no no no no no! You're going to be ok! I-I'll find a cure!' I said, shaking my head as I hugged her motionless body again. 'Please...don't leave me, mama.'

I heard the sound of someone huffing behind me. It must've been Kaveh. He'll help me bring my mom back to the hospital.

'Kav-' I began only to see Uncle Kian with a blood-soaked eremite sword. 'Uncle Kian?'

I narrowed my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. His body tensed up as he slowly turned to me. He had a sadistic smile on his face.

'Oh (N/n), it's you.' he said smiling. 'Come here to your Uncle Kian.'

'N-No.' I managed to say as I hugged my mom's body

'Why not? Am I not your favorite person anymore?' he cooed

'You're not Uncle Kian!'

'You're being difficult. Be nice like your mother and come here to me.' he said

I saw the glint of his bloodied sword

'Or do I have to make you?' he asked harshly

Then he attacked. His moves were violent and crazed. He swiped at me, and my brain shut down as he tackled me to the ground. I tried to get my sword, but he twisted it out of my grip. I screamed in pain as he twisted my wrist the wrong way.

'You know what? I'll kill you with my bare hands!' he tossed the sword near me as he got a grip on my neck.

He squeezed, and I tried to kick him off me. My vision was blurring, and I flailed my hand until I reached his bloodied word. Uncle Kian laughed sadistically as he squeezed harder.

'Now you can be with your family (Y/n)!~' he said. 'You have me to t-'

It all happened so fast. I stabbed him in the heart with tears in my eyes. I gasped for air as his grip loosened. I slowly got up with the hilt in my hands. I wheezed as air reentered my lungs. This can't get any worse, right? But it did.

'(Y/n)?' I heard Kaveh's voice say

'K-Kaveh! I-' I began

'What have you done?' he whispered

'W-wait, it's not what it looks like!' I yelled

'Y-YOU KILLED MY DAD!'

'It was from self-defense!' I yelled back

'Murderer.' he whispered. 'YOU'RE A MURDERER!'

He grabbed my sword and charged at me, and I braced for impact, but it didn't come. A large wave of wind slammed him back. I looked up and saw an anemo vision floating in front of me. Celestia gifted me a vision, but at what cost? Kaveh recovered quickly.

'I'll tell everyone! You're a criminal (Y/n)!' he said harshly.

I grabbed the vision and became one with the wind. I let the wind turn me invisible and float away. I was far enough when I collapsed to the floor sobbing. I was all alone in this world. My mom and dad were dead. My best friend's dad nearly killed me, and now...now Kaveh hates me with a burning passion. I had nowhere to go, and I had no option but to run away. Was it cowardly? Yes, but I didn't care.

Wriothesley's POV

I was calmly enjoying the rain outside. I sighed because all of my work was finally done.

'Ah, good 'ol free time to myself.' I said to myself when the doorbell rang, 'Who could it be at this hour?'

I went up to the door and opened it to see my niece soaked in the rain. She was shivering with tears in her eyes.

'(N/n)? W-What are you doing here?' I asked in confusion, 'Why didn't you tell me you were coming?'

'U-Uncle Wrio.' she said, gasping for breath between sobs. 'Something happened...something really bad.'

'Come in. You'll catch a cold.' I said quickly as she hugged me tightly. 'Shhh, it's going to be ok.'

She told me everything. 

'I never meant for any of it to happen, I swear!'

'I believe you (N/n).'

***Flashback***

(Y/n)'s POV

'I stayed in Fontaine for thirteen years then.' I said as I looked at Alhaitham to see if his expression changed. 'I've finally decided to come back.'

He nodded.

'D-Do you believe I was guilty?' I asked nervously

His reaction was something I thought I'd never see in my life. He hugged me.

'I'm so sorry you had to face that.'

I gave in to the hug.

'Thank you, Alhaitham.'