Amnesiac Asshole

After working a bit, I decided to go home. Unfortunately for me, my damn roommate was there.

'Oh, Kaveh, I'm surprised you're here.' he said

'Urgh, what do you want? Also, why are you surprised I'm here? I didn't lose my keys this time.' I said, annoyed. 'Oh wait, I get it! The Acting Grand Sage wants some alone time with his widdle books.'

'Archons, you're so childish. Didn't you know? Senior (Y/n) is back in Sumeru.' he said

'Who?' I said in confusion. 'Who the fuck is (Y/n)?'

'You say I'm the emotionless and cold one, but you're being very harsh right now.' he said calmly.

'Stop talking in riddles and just tell me why I should care.'

'Well, wasn't (Y/n) your childhood best friend?' he asked with an eyebrow raised

'What? I don't have any childhood friends.' I said, 'You must be making shit up now to get me to leave.'

'I'm surprised you forgot her. Eleven years worth of friendship out the window.' he commented. 'I distinctly remember the two of you bitching and complaining about me.'

'I didn't bitch about you with anyone, but now I do. Cyno is a very good person to bitch about you to.'

He shook his head.

'Well, it looks like she was right. You're indeed an Amnesiac Asshole.'

I froze at the nickname he used.

'What did you call me?'

'An Amnesiac Asshole.'

'A woman called me that today.' I said, 'Do you know her?'

He shook his head in disappointment.

'I need to leave the room before you have an existential crisis.'

'I won't have an existential crisis!' I yelled, 'Because I have no clue who the fuck that woman was! Neither do I care!'

Alhaitham ignored my comments and walked away. (Y/n)? Who could she be, and more importantly, why did Alhaitham, of all people, call her his senior!? My mind wandered back to her. I must admit, though...she was beautiful. She had beautiful (h/l) (h/c) hair and her eyes. They were captivating. I shook my head and decided to take a walk. I exited out the door only to come face to face with her!

'YOU!?' I said in surprise. 'What are you doing here!?'

'Hello to you too, neighbor.' she said sarcastically

'Why are you here so late at night!? Are you stalking me!?' I demanded

'Stalking you!? What the fuck Veh Veh!? Get over yourself.' she said, rolling her eyes at me. 

'What are you doing here!?' I repeated

'Other people live here too, Kaveh. You don't own this street.'

'How do you know my name?'

'I...I uh heard someone call you that.' she responded quickly. 'But I'd rather call you an Amnesiac Asshole.'

'Stop calling me that!' I said, extremely annoyed

'If you don't like that name, then maybe I'll call you Veh Veh.~' she said, smirking.

'My name is Kaveh.'

'My name is Kaveh.' she said, mocking my voice while lifting her hands to act like she was speaking each time I spoke.

Something about that mocking tone felt familiar, though. It felt like I'd heard it before. A long time ago.

'Now, why are you staring at me?'

'I'm not staring at you.' I said, 'Will you stop doing that!?'

'Do what?' she asked innocently.

'What's your problem, woman!?'

(Y/n)'s POV

If you're going to be amnesiac, then so be it. Two people can play that game. Was I being petty and annoying? Yes, yes, I was, but I don't care! He deserved all of this. It stung when he acted as if he didn't recognize me. I get it...you still think I killed your father, but I didn't! If he'd listened to me, we wouldn't be here being petty and bitchy.

'How could she speak that way to the Light of Kshahrewar?' I heard a woman whisper to her friend, 'Does she not know who he is?'

'I know, right? What a rude girl. She has no respect or manners!'

The Light of Kshahrewar, huh? You've got yourself a reputation here, Kaveh. I shook my head in exhaustion. Uncle Wrio was right. This is all a fucking mess.

'Ahem!' Kaveh said, clearing his throat. 'Back to checking me out, are you?'

'Oh my archons, you've become an egotistical man!' I grumbled, 'Why can't you think of anything else? Maybe I...I dunno, zoned out?'

'Why do you keep acting like you know me?' he demanded

I balled my fists and took a deep breath. It's better this way. I don't want to associate myself with him anyway. Maybe if we stay strangers, it'll be better.

'Whatever.' I said, walking away

It's better this way. I came here with a mission to move on. Tomorrow is my first day at work. The first step to moving on.

'Oh wow, so you're going to leave mid conversation. Real mature.' he yelled after me.

I raised my hand and flipped him off without looking at him. Best way to shut him up. Be a bitch. He gasped in surprise. I entered my new home and practically tossed my suitcase onto the bed. Why do I keep bumping into him?! I've been trying to avoid any potential place he could be in, but he just spawns like a fucking NPC. It's like Celestia wants our paths to cross. Well, I don't want our paths to cross ever again. I shook my head, put some stuff away, and prepared to go to bed. I'd rather sleep and act like nothing happened than dwell on this any longer. I lay on my bed and stared at my ceiling. The apartment wasn't bad. It was pretty nice. Uncle Wrio really did have connections to land me this place. I turned to my side and tried to sleep, but I couldn't. My insomnia had one reason. Every fucking time I close my eyes and get to the verge of sleep, I see that day in the desert. The day that ruined both Kaveh and my life. I lost my best friend while he lost his father. I stared at the anemo vision sitting on my bedside. It was a blessing from Celestia but also a pathetic reminder of what I'd lost. I got out of bed and decided to write a letter to my uncle. I bet he'd be worried sick. He might seem all high and mighty, but he's a big sappy guy. At least to me.