Fatui

(A/N: This is literally the embodiment of me pulling for Veh Veh <33)

(Y/n)'s POV

I walked out of his office and let out a breath I didn't know I'd been holding.

'That went well, right?' I mumbled to myself, 'Yeah, it did.'

As I walked forward, I decided to check out the stalls and merchants' shops. As a kid, Auntie Faranak and my mom would take me to the stalls to buy me stuff, and I was able to see her architectural wonders.

"Auntie Faranak, did you really make those pretty buildings?!"

"Yes, I did. Do you like them?"

"I love them!"

I could see her smile, but it immediately flashed to a look of horror and depression when she found out about her husband's death. I was the reason he was dead, but it wasn't my fault! I was walking ahead when some light caught my eye. 

'(Y/n).' a faint voice called out to me.

I turned to see a weird looking hallway. I was curious and decided to go in. The hallway led to a dimly lit room. Part of me was telling me this was a bad idea, but another part was just too curious to let go. My hand hovered over the doorknob for a few seconds before I turned it and opened the door.

'(Y/n)...I've been expecting you.' a hooded man said

'W-Who are you...why do you know my name?'

'(Y/n), dear, everyone knows your name.' he said, chuckling. 'The daughter of the great Amruta Darshan Scholar, Kaur.'

'H-How do you know my mother's name! You're lying! No one recognizes me here. Who are you?'

'I am Ahriman, a great shaman.' he said. 'Please sit down.'

I rolled my eyes at him. Oh great, a shaman. Just what I need: a fake. Someone who'll tell me what I want to hear and ask for money in return. I followed that voice for nothing.

'No thanks, Pops.' I said as I turned to walk away

'You have regrets, don't you.' he said with a smirk

I froze the moment those words came out of his mouth.

'What the fuck?' I muttered to myself

'I know you (Y/n).' he said

'You don't know anything about me.' I snapped back without turning to face him.

'You were accused of a murder you didn't commit. You even lost someone oh so dear, didn't you?'

'H-How did you?' I said in surprise as I looked back at him

'I can help you.' he said, smiling

His smile was unnerving. To the common eye, it seemed genuine and kind, but it wasn't. I'd seen that smile quite often. That smile had been directed to me and to others as well. It was a smile of deception.

'No thanks.' I said

A weird smell entered my nose. I scrunched it in disgust as my head felt heavy. I opened my eyes again to see I was in the desert.

'Uncle Kian!' I heard a young girl's voice say

My eyes widened in surprise as I turned to see who the girl was. It was...me. The girl was me thirteen years ago. 

'W-What's happening.' I mumbled to myself, 'Why can I see my eleven-year-old self?'

'Uncle Kian! There you are!' I heard her say

My eyes widened as I turned to see Uncle Kian looking dazed. I waited for the look of insanity, but it wasn't there. I stared as my younger self ran up to him.

'Ah, (N/n).' he said. 'What happened?'

'You stormed out to the desert in a frenzy. Kaveh and I chased after you.'

'Oh dear, I must've gotten upset after losing.' he responded, shaking his head. 'I apologize.'

'It's ok!' she said, grinning at him as Kaveh ran towards them

'Dad! (Y/n)! There you two are!' Kaveh yelled, 'I was searching for you!'

'Too bad you're such a slowpoke! Veh Veh, ' she teased

'Shut up!' young Kaveh said with his cheeks red from embarrassment

Oh, archons, I was an annoying kid. I shook my head as I listened forward.

'Now, now, kids, let's go home, shall we?' Uncle Kian said

'Ok!' both of them said as he took their hands

I felt a sudden gust of wind blow, and I braced myself for any impact, but nothing came. I heard chuckling and whoops of joy. I turned to see Kaveh and me, but this time a bit older.

'Well done, Sunshine. You got yourself into Amruta! Who knows, you might become a sage one day.' Kaveh said

'Yeah, like that'll happen.' older me responded. 'And stop calling me Sunshine, Veh Veh!'

'Stop calling me Veh Veh, and I'll stop calling you Sunshine.' he said calmly.

'Never ever!' she said

I observed as the two of them kept growing older until it was just me and, well, the other me.

'What is this?' I demanded

'Isn't this all you ever wanted?' she asked me

'What?'

'You wanted that day in the desert never to happen, right? It can become a reality!' she said, smiling. 'All you need to do is submit.'

'Submit? To whom?'

'To Dottore.' she said, smiling with a sign of insanity

My eyes widened in surprise. That insane man who was kicked out of the Akademiya?! Hell no!

'In your dreams,' I said, scoffing.

'C'mon (Y/n)! You can get everything you want!' she said. 'We can become one! You can be in this universe!'

I unsheathed my sword.

'Never.' I said, glaring at her

She sighed in disappointment and got her sword ready. I slammed my sword on the ground as waves of anemo burst across, and when I looked up again, I was alone. I was back in the shaman's room, but he was nowhere to be seen. I need to get out of here.

Ahriman's POV

'Did you do it?' I heard a man say

I turned to Dottore and extended my hand at him.

'I'll tell you once you give me my cut.'

Dottore placed a bag of mora in my hand, and I smiled at the golden coins.

'Yes, the seeds of desire have been planted.' I said

'Good.'

'Why do you want her though?' I asked with an eyebrow raised

'She did something she wasn't supposed to.' he said. 'But she got the work done.'

'What?'

'She murdered Kian.' he said. 'His murder was planned. There was an assassin who was supposed to do that, but she did the dirty work instead.'

'Now you want to recruit her?'

'Yes, either she submits and joins me, or she'll die and join Kian.'