Harsh Words

Eve's POV

'O-Oh, you're here.' Kaveh stuttered when he looked at (Y/n)

'Yup, I'm here.' she said, equally awkward

This was not the reunion I expected. I looked between the two and cleared my throat.

'So what can I do for you, Kaveh?' I said

'Uh...what was I here for again.' he mumbled to himself

'You were here to ask about psychology, Veh Veh.' (Y/n) muttered under her breath while checking her nails

'Don't call me Veh Veh.' he snapped back

(Y/n)'s POV

'How about no.' I responded sassily

'Urgh, what is your problem!' he yelled at me. 'One minute you're sweet, and the next moment you're a pain in the ass!'

'Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt yo feewings?' I said, getting up from my chair.

'You're the most unbearable person I've ever met.' he snapped back.

'Oh boo hoo! You think you're all that, don't you? Well, newsflash, you're not!'

'Urgh, I just hate you!' he yelled

'Well, the feeling is mutual!' I yelled, getting my face close to his

My eyes stung as I heard those three words come out of his mouth. I hate you...he said it. He finally said it.

'You know what! I'm glad that my trauma's blocking you out of my life! It's doing me a favor!' he yelled. 'I wish we never met! I wish I had never met such a self-absorbed, rude, and unbearable person in my life!'

I let out a small gasp and froze in place. I tried to control the tears again and balled my hands into fists. Why does it hurt so much? I wanted this! I needed this.

'Ok, guys, let's all just calm down.' Eve said, coming between us

'I'll be calm when she's gone!' Kaveh yelled

'I'll be calm when I leave this region again!' I yelled, 'You know what!? I'll be glad to leave any region with you in it!'

I poked his chest with each word I said.

'You can go to hell.' he said, narrowing his eyes at me

'Fine!'

'FINE!'

'Hey, now guys, let's just calm down and settle this like grown-ups, ok?'

'I-'

Eve's POV

My patience was running thin with their loud argument. One because it made my ears hurt and two because it was pointless.

'I wo-'

'ENOUGH!' I yelled, causing the two to look at me in surprise.'If you're going to keep arguing, take it elsewhere! You're giving me a major headache.'

'Ah...sorry about that.' they said, looking at me.

I pinched the bridge of my nose.

'Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some other patients to attend to.'

They quickly excused themselves and walked out. I sighed, shaking my head. What happened between those two was that they told each other such harsh words.

Kaveh's POV

The moment we exited Eve's office, we went back to our previous argument.

'Kaveh I-' she began.

'I don't want to hear it.' I hissed, 'I don't need to hear you talk about how worthless I am to you.'

Her eyes widened in surprise.

'W-What I never meant to...'

I raised my hand to stop her from talking.

'I wanted to be friends, but you don't want to. Let's just stop before we tell each other worse things. I've had enough people throw me away like trash. I don't want that...not from you.'

'I can't do anything right, can I?' she said to herself

'What?'

'I want to protect you, but I'm hurting you.' she said, looking away. 'I knew from the day we met again I'd hurt you. You're right. It's best we sever ties. I'll start with this.'

She unclasped her necklace and let it fall to the ground. I stared at it in shock.

'This is the last memory I have of you.' She said 'I'm really sorry. At least we both will get some closure now...or at least I will.'

She walked away with her head hanging low. I noticed her wipe her eyes. I picked up the necklace and noticed