Findings

THE WARWORLD

May 27, 06:04 UTC

Electra and Nightwing stepped through the yellow portal and onto the Warworld. The tension they held was thick as Doctor Fate closed the portal behind them. Since the Team successfully defeated Mongul, it had been fine, up until the Team disappeared. Except for Blue Beetle, who stared guiltily at his leaders. 

"Blue, what happened?" Electra questioned, crossing her arms coolly. 

Nightwing jumped in, interrogating irritatedly, "What happened to the rest of the Team?!"

Green Beetle stood solemnly beside Blue, watching as the young teenager said, "It's all my fault."

"That assessment is inaccurate." 

Captain Atom cut in, "Just tell him what you told us."

Nightwing narrowed his eyes, waiting for the explanation. 

"We had won. We were all here in this bay and Wonder Girl had Mongul hogtied. Then suddenly, a boom tube opened up right beneath our feet. I flew up and out. It was instinct, you know? But before I could do anything else, the boom tube closed and the others were... gone."

To verify his story, Electra eyed Nightwing's holo-computer as the detective claimed, "Definitely reading traces of boom tube activity."

Captain Atom added, "We think Mongul may have opened the boom tube as a means of escape, gaining the Team as captives in the bargain. The Team and worse."

"Impulse had the crystal key," Blue stated. 

"So, the priority is making sure no one uses it to reactivate the Warworld. Captain Marvel and Rocket are already guarding the key chamber, and the Justice League will continue guarding it in shifts until the key is found and the threat has ended."

Blue shook his head sadly. "It's all my fault."

Nightwing subtly glanced at Ember, whose arms were still crossed with an irritated expression. In all honesty, he thought she would be the first to assure the teenager, but she didn't move a muscle. She only stared at Blue causing the detective to wonder what was going through her mind before he made a move. 

He stepped forward and placed a comforting hand on Blue's shoulder, sighing, "Stop. You didn't do anything wrong. We'll figure this out. For now-"

Green Beetle interjected, "I will ensure he gets home safely."

"No! I wanna stay. I wanna help!"

"You will help," Nightwing remarked. "But right now, you need rest. Sleep. Go."

Without hesitation, Doctor Fate opened another portal and the two Beetles stepped through it with Blue apologizing. 

Ember finally spoke, a wave of rising anger in her tone, "Whoever took them, they'll be the ones who'll be sorry."

Blue nodded and walked through with Green, the two disappearing as Fate closed the portal, leaving the rest behind on the Warworld. Nightwing sighed and informed the Leaguers, "I'm going to take a second look around. See if there's anything we missed." 

Captain Atom nodded, agreeing, "I'll head back to the Watchtower and see if Black Canary and I can find out more about the boom tube." 

Nightwing took Electra's arm, pulling her off to the side. "What are you thinking?"