A Necessary Risk

MOUNT JUSTICE

March 23, 20:50 EDT

Electra's blue-grey eyes focused on the hologram statue before her. Artemis was in uniform, a stoic expression on her face while pulling the arrow back on her bow. She stood tall and confident, despite her expression not giving much away. It made Electra wonder if her sister would come back to see it. She would probably laugh at the ridiculousness. 

"Hey," a voice greeted from the shadows. 

Glancing at the figure, Electra gave a soft grin to Superboy, who approached her. The two stood in comfortable silence beside one another, taking their time to pay respect to the fallen. 

"She would have hated this," Conner told her, breaking the silence. 

Electra chuckled in response, knowing he had a point. The comment helped relieve some of the stress on her shoulders that she had been carrying for the past few days. She thought the burden of guilt would overwhelm her entirely if she didn't find a way to release it in some form. She was happy to have Conner help her. 

She nodded her head, agreeing, "You're absolutely right."

The moment was brief... ending too quickly with Superboy promising darkly while placing a firm hand on Electra's shoulder, "We'll get Aqualad and make him pay for what he did."

Feeling that burden forced onto her yet again, Electra's head bowed sadly. If only Conner knew what was happening behind the scenes... Unable to look him in the eye, the blonde heroine shrugged his hand off her shoulder and made her way up the stairs. She exhaled shakily, trying to find her center and keep calm. 

She, Aqualad, Artemis, and Nightwing were so worried about the League and the Team being unable to forgive them after this was all over. But the bigger question was: Would they be able to forgive themselves for the deception? And what if something went wrong? 

As she entered the mission room, the Zeta-Tube powered down, Blue Beetle and Impulse standing just outside of the machine. The heroine watched the newest speedster turn to Blue with a wide grin while holding up a device, laughing, "Left them in the dust!"

"Left who in the dust?" Nightwing questioned, marching up to the three. When he noticed what Impulse held up victoriously, he pointed at it. "And what is that?"

Impulse clarified, waving his hand with a goofy smile, "Souvenir."

"Souvenirs are Beast Boy's thing, ese," Blue Beetle informed the time-traveler.

Impulse faced him with a confused expression, telling him, "Oh, really? I thought it was Kid Flash-"

Nightwing interjected impatiently as he moved closer to the boys, "Can we get to it?"

Electra folded her arms, waiting for an explanation. 

"Sorry," Beetle apologized, getting back on track. "Aqualad attacked us with Icicle Junior, the Terror Twins, and a ninja girl I didn't recognize."

Impulse finished, holding up the foreign device, "This is how they tracked Blue. I made sure they couldn't do it again."

"So, you brought what potentially could be alien technology into the Cave?" Electra queried, arching a disapproving brow. 

The boys' eyes widened, neither of them thinking about that.

"Rookie mistake," Nightwing commented, pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Electra watched as the boys' shoulders slumped sadly. "Alright, give it here," Nightwing sighed, placing his hand out.