《12》

Santana's POV

I was laying on my stomach on my bed reading a magazine when my phone rang. "Hello? Shelby! I've been meaning to come back. I'm so sorry. I've just been so busy and we lost Nationals... and I kind of shut myself in and reclused myself this summer after that... and I..." I was cut off. "Santana. I'm not calling about that. I heard about how you lost Nationals. Did you really throw a heel into a door?"

I cleared my throat awkwardly. "...maybe..." I chewed on my nail. "I would have thrown a chair at his head." I laughed and gasped. "Shelby!" She laughed. "If a boy had cost me my first Nationals, I'd be pissed too!"

I chuckled. "How's Ben?" I traced his name into my plush blanket. "He's good. Napping right now. I actually wanted to talk to you about something." I sat up cross legged on my bed. "Okay..." I heard her sigh and shuffle. "I... have been offered a job..." She stopped and I raised an eyebrow. "... at McKinley. But I want to know how you would feel about that. If it would make you uncomfortable, I would decline it. However, you'd be able to see Ben more. Essentially whenever you wanted."

My breath caught in my throat. "Shelby. I don't wanna make the decision of what you do!" She chuckled. "Santana. At the end of the day, no matter what any paperwork says, you are Ben's mother. You have a say in his life. If you want him 20 minutes away instead of a 6 hour flight, I wanna give you that. I want you to tell me what you want me to do." I chewed on my lip as she spoke. "I... I want you to move out here. I want you to take the job. I want to see Ben more often..."

I could almost hear the smile as she spoke. "Amazing!Guess we're moving to Lima! But... please don't tell Rachel. Or Will... um... ahem, Mr. Schuester... or anyone." I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "I won't. Promise. It'll be our secret." I picked at my nails.

"Ya know. I'm really glad Ben will get to see you more." I smiled. "I am too. Thank you." She said you're welcome before I heard Ben start crying and Shelby had to go. I ran my fingers over my necklace. My baby. He'll be around again. I smiled and went back to my magazine.

Finn's POV

Rachel and I were laying on my bed making out. "Finn! We're home!" Rachel gasped and jumped off my lap, laying on my chest and wiping her lip. I cleared my throat and put my arm over her shoulders. There was a knock on my door. "Yeah! Come in!" I cleared my throat as my mom opened the door.

"Oh, hi, Rachel! I didn't know you were over!" She nodded and pushed her bangs out of her face. "Yep. We're just watching a movie, Mom." She nodded. "Uh-huh. Well, it is a school night. Make sure Rachel gets home at a reasonable time." I nodded. "Yes ma'am." She shut my door and walked back out.

Santana's POV
Two weeks later, first day of school

I scanned the halls for Shelby. Maybe she didn't take the job. She would have called me if she didn't... right? I heard heels and smiled, glancing over my shoulder. I saw dark curls ducking into the teacher's lounge. "There she is." I smiled softly as I opened my locker. "Santana. How was your summer?"

I glanced up, rolling my eyes. "Go. Away. Finn." I sighed but he just leaned against the locker next to me. "Come on. We were friends." I huffed. "We. Were. Before we dated. Before the baby. Before it all." He frowned. "Yeah. Then you put your tongue down Rachel's throat. Twice. And lost us Nationals." I slammed my locker and stormed off.

I slumped next to Quinn in History. I ran my tongue along my teeth as Finn walked in the class. He sat next to me and I stabbed a pen into the desk in between his fingers. "Al. Right." He growled with gritted teeth and pushed himself up, going to sit by Mike. "Really?" Quinn asked with a raised eyebrow. I stomped on her toes and frowned as I faced the front. "Okay." She said with a frown as she rubbed my back.