《13》

Quinn's POV

I was sitting in the bathroom on the counter. "Baby. What're you doin?" I looked up at Puck. "...Painting my toenails." I said with a very "duh" tone. He took the bottle out of my hand and picked my leg up, setting my foot on his thigh. I smiled as he started coating my nails with the pink lacquer.

Next day
Santana's POV

I walked into the auditorium and dropped my mocha on the floor. Finn was down on one knee in front of Rachel on the stage. "Oh. Um... Finn..." She cleared her throat and pointed at me over his shoulder. "Oh. Santana." I huffed and stomped off. I ran into the bathroom and started bawling. I can't do this right now. I ran out to my car in the parking lot and drove home.

My mom and Ben were at the zoo. Good. I ran up the stairs and flung myself onto my bed, grabbing my pillow and sobbing harshly into it. I screamed until my voice was hoarse. He shouldn't be marrying her. What the hell? I panted before I started to hyperventilate.

6 hours later
Finn's POV

I sighed as I raised my hand to knock. "May I speak to Santana, please?" I chewed on my lip. "She isn't home." Her mom said matter-of-factly. "Miss Lopez. With all due respect, her car is here and her light is on. May I please talk to her?" She sighed and cracked the door a little wider.

"Upstairs and to the left. But you know that." I nodded, walking past her and smiling at Ben who was on the floor. "Hey, little dude." I don't know what it was but I just felt drawn to him out of nowhere. "Ahem. That is not Santana." I nodded and trudged upstairs.

I knocked and there was no answer. I knocked again and pushed the door open slightly. Santana was laying on her bed sobbing into her arms... did I do that to her? No. Surely not... she's... she hates me... and she's with Brittany... which can I just say... hella plot twist.

Anyway... "Um... Santana?" I said softly and she looked up, mascara tears streaking down her face. "Why are you here? Get out! You're the last person I wanna see!" She sobbed and chunked a pillow at me.

I stayed where I was, shutting her door. "Why are you so upset?" I asked sincerely. "Oh, I don't know, Mr. Casanova! Why would I be?" I frowned. "Why were you even in the auditorium?" She rolled her eyes. "Yes, I'm the one in the wrong about this right now. OKAY. I'm sorry I ruined your proposal!" She growled and I sighed. "Again. I was genuinely asking." She shrugged. "I was skipping class. Gonna go chill or take a nap in there."

I looked confused. "You what?!" She shrugged. "What??? I am a senior. I have a two year old who is going through sleep regression right now, so that's fun, I'm stressed about Nationals, I wanted a damn chill period!" She yelled and I sighed. "You're not upset about the fact that you didn't get to skip. What's going on?" She crossed her arms and I rolled my eyes, mimicking the motion. "I'm not leaving until you answer me."

She frowned. "Did you ever think of marrying me? When we were dating. Did you ever once think of marrying me. Before Ben. Before we had even had sex. Did you ever think, I wanna spend the rest of my life with Santana?" I stayed quiet and looked at my feet.

"Yeah. That's what I thought. Get out, Finn." I shook my head. "Hey. Whoa. That's out of pocket." She shook her head. "No. Finn. Get out. I hope you're happy with the mistake you're making asking her to marry you. Or I hope you burn in Hell. I don't care anymore."

She flipped onto her side, her back facing me. "What about Ben?" She scoffed and looked over her shoulder. "What about Ben?" I took a breath. "I want to start seeing him." She shook her head. "No. No. Out of the question." I rolled my eyes. "Santana! He's my son too!" She rolled her eyes. "Actually. We live in Ohio. The law says if you're an unmarried mother, you have sole custody of your child and the father has no legal right and no right to take the mother to court."