Two

DEVALE

I woke up and felt like my body was in a freezer

I woke up and felt like my body was in a freezer. I looked over and Khadeen had all the covers on her side of the bed. I sat up and smacked the side of her thigh.

"Gimme some covers man." I said tiredly.

"Hm leave me alone." She said turning her back towards me.

"You got the AC blasting." I complained getting out the bed. "Im going to turn it off." I said.

"I don't care. Just let me sleep." She said.

I got up and went downstairs. After I fixed the temperature in my cold ass house, I went to the kitchen to get something to drink.

"Shh you have to be quiet!"

"I am being quiet."

I looked up from my cup of juice and looked around the kitchen. The voices were still talking but I was trying to convince myself I was dreaming; I know my daughter isn't stupid enough to have someone in my house in the middle of the night.

I ran my hands over my face and sighed deeply. The door to my man cave shut and coming up the stairs was my stupid ass daughter and her stupid ass boyfriend; or whatever he is.

"I'll call you tomorrow okay—" Vina turned her head and we staring at each other.

All three of us were so quiet you could here the wind from outside the window.

"Hi dad. What are you doing up?" She asked scratching her head.

"I'm grown. Now what are you doing up and why is this nigga in my house?" I ask trying to not become too loud.

"We just wanted to hangout." She honestly answered.

I was thinking about what her version of "hanging out" was and all I seen were images of her fucking. I didn't like it. It was actually pissing me off more than the situation at hand.

"Do you know what time it is?"

"I was just leaving sir." Devin said walking backwards to the garage door.

"What were y'all doing down there?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Just talking. Watching TV." Devin responded.

He looked at Vina and she nodded her head backing up his answer.

"It's two in the morning and y'all we're downstairs watching fucking tv. Do you guys expect me to believe that?"

"It's the truth." Vina said. "We kissed a little bit and watched TV. Dad I would never have sex with the whole family here." She said looking me in the eyes.

I looked at Devin and he looked like he wanted to run out the door and never look back. The poor kid was so scared.

"Young man the next time you wanna come watch tv with my daughter you need to call me or come over here and knock on my door like a decent man. You understand what I'm saying?" I staring him in the eyes.