Seven

VINA

It's been a week and a half since I moved in with Devin. We've been doing great. He started working at some shoe store to save up for more film equipment and he works nights because of school so I be at his place by myself. At first I didn't know where our relationship was going after my parents tried to sabotage it. Now, I guess you can say we're in a committed relationship.

"Girl so what's been going on?" Akira asked sitting the couch. "Y'all up in here like a married couple. Your parents ain't found you yet?" She asked.

"They know where I'm at. If they wanted me to come home then they'd come get me." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"You missed school today. Bitch me and Myles got into a fight." She told me.

"Uh why?" I ask her.

Her and Myles always fighting. But imma be there to listen to my friend's stories. Even if she goes back after every fight.

"So I was trying to talk to him about something and he was ignoring me, not texting me back or leaving me read. So when I seen him in the hallway I started cussing him out and then we got to hooking." She said making me laugh.

All I could do was shake my head.

"Y'all was fighting in the hallway?" I ask her.

"We wasn't fighting, I was whooping his ass." She proudly corrected me. "I'm just really sick of his ass. We been together too long." She said shaking her head.

"That's good though." I say softly. "Devin and I are official now... I guess." I tell her.

"What you mean, I guess?"

"Well I told him I love him and then he said it back and then... we did it." I tell her.

"You did what?" She asked with wide eyebrows.

"You know what I'm talking about." I said nudging her.

"Oh y'all fucked?" She asked me.

I nodded my head slowly.

"Aw okay. Period." She said. "Was it good?" She asked me.

"Uh yeah it was really good." I said looking away and covering my face.

"Not you blushing cause the dick was good!" She said making me laugh. "Look at you growing up. Not a virgin anymore." She said.

I shake ny head and try not to smile.

"My dad is gonna kills me." I tell her.

"Well you almost made it to eighteen. So what? It's just sex." She said. "They was fucking at eighteen." She reminded me.

"I know. I know."

I have been trying to get over the little bit of guilt that I have about losing my virginity. But, Akira is right. My parents were only a little bit older when they had sex with each other. I don't think they expected me to wait forever but I think they would've preferred me to stay "pure" at least until college.

"Look, I love Devin and I don't care what my parents think." I say putting my hand up.

Akira nodded her head and leaned back on the couch. There was a knock on the door so I stood up and went to go answer it.

"Who is it?" I ask loudly.

"Darius!" I hear making me squint.

I opened the door and stepped back.

"Devin isn't here. He's at work." I tell his brother.

He smacked his lips and waved me off walking in anyways. Behind him were two other guys, one I had recognized as the guy from the party Akira took me to.