Five

KHADEEN

"Good morning handsome

"Good morning handsome." I said walking into the kitchen and seeing Devale.

"Hey." He said tiredly.

"Look I'm sorry about last night." I said shaking my head. "I know you're still mad."

"I'm not mad." Devale responded with attitude.

I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head. "I know you are because you didn't even kiss me good night last night." I said looking at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Oh..." he said. "It must've slipped my mind." He said.

I started on the kids lunches as Devale finished making coffee. A few minutes the front door opened. I looked past my husband and saw Vina walking into the house sluggishly.

"What the hell?" I said dropping a juice box on accident. "Da'Vina bring your ass in here right now!" I yell as Devale completely ignored the situation.

She huffed and walked into the house with just her purse in her hand. She leaned on the wall and smiled at me.

"Good morning." She said. "How'd you sleep?" She asked closing her eyes.

"Devale..." I call out.

"What?" He said.

"She's drunk." I tell him.

"Oh.." he said grabbing his mug.

He looked at me and walked out the kitchen. Passing his drunk daughter.

"Where have you been?" I ask her.

"I was with my friends." She said standing up. "But I'm back now! So don't worry." She said shaking her head.

I sighed in frustration with my hands over my head. I didn't even know how to go about this situation and the other half of my unified front had just left me because he has an attitude.

"Vina I don't know what to do with you." I said shaking my head. "I'm really trying not kill you."

"I didn't do anything. I'm not drunk or anything." She said putting her hands up.

"I thought you were in your bed last night."

"Well I wasn't..." She said turning away from me.

"Me and your dad are try-"

"Fuck dad." She said sticking her middle finger up.

I bit my lip and walked around the counter.

"Fuck who?" I say for reassurance. "Fuck your dad? My husband? The man of this house?"

Vina looked at me and shook her head. She sobered up quicker than I thought she would.

"N-no that's not— I didn't mean that." She said backing away from me.