Ten

VINA

"Hey Vina thanks for coming in

"Hey Vina thanks for coming in." My fourth period teacher, Ms. Law said as I sat down at her desk.

"No problem. Is everything okay Ms. Law?" I ask curiously.

She opened her desk and pulled out a piece of paper that looked like a graded test.

"Actually I'm a bit concerned about the two tests you have taken. You've failed both of them.." she said making me squint.

"Shit." I said before quickly covering my mouth. "Sorry." I apologized.

This is not the news I wanted especially with my birthday approaching. I just asked my dad for a Tesla. I won't be getting anything once they check grades on Saturday. I can't even stop them.

"Is there anything I can do?" I ask her.

You can retake the test but your grade won't change until next week." Ms. Law said making me sigh out. "Da'Vina I'm worried about you. You used to straight A student. I need you be honest with me when I ask, is everything okay?" She asked making me sink into my seat.

I didn't have an answer for her. I haven't sat back and thought about anything that happened to me these past few weeks. Everything has been a blur after the assault. Plus, Devin and I haven't been hanging out as much. He's preparing to leave for Connecticut which involves packing and moving his whole life. Even Akira and I haven't been as tight anymore. I don't have anyone to talk to.

"I'm fine. I just didn't study." I tell my history teacher.

She sighed and nodded her head. "I can't make you talk to me. But please talk to somebody." She begged softly.

"Talk about what? Nothing is wrong!" I said becoming frustrated.

"Okay okay if you say so. Just let me know when you're ready to retakes your tests. We can do them one test at a time-"

"I can retake them right now and I'll pass. I was just tired those days." I tell her. 

"Tomorrow. You can take them tomorrow." She said to me.

I stand up and grab my backpack. "Okay. Thanks." I said to her.

"Da'Vina think about talking to somebody. Dr. Holden is here for a reason." She said referring to the school's senior psychologist.

I shake my head, "I'm good. Have a good day Ms. Law." I said before walking out.

I left the school and made my way home. I stopped for some food and didn't make it home until almost 4 o'clock. My parent's texts went unanswered so I knew that was going to be something to deal with when I got in.

I walked into the house through the back door and heard people in the kitchen. I took a deep breath before entering. I walked in and went straight past everybody in the kitchen.