Chapter 8

Y/N's POV - Monday, November 19th - ''Holding Out For a Hero'' (Bonnie Tyler

                  I was getting ready to attend Victoria's birthday party. It felt strange going out on a weekday, especially on a Monday night, but I wanted to be there for Vic. She was the first friend I made when I arrived in the US for college ten years ago, and she had always been there for me, including throughout my cancer journey. I opted for a pair of teal metallic pants and sandals and a white flowy top. I styled my hair half up, half down and applied some glittery eyeshadow. After spritzing on some perfume, I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. I texted Vic to let her know I was on my way and entered the address into Waze.

              When I arrived, I was taken aback by the size and elegance of the club. It seemed like a place where celebrities might gather. I could understand why Vic had chosen this venue. Not only was there a special event happening, but it also perfectly matched Vic's vibe. I managed to find parking nearby and walked towards the entrance. Victoria was already there, and she started bouncing up and down with excitement as soon as she saw me.

"Y/NN!" she exclaimed, embracing me tightly.

"I... can't... breathe..." I gasped.

"Sorry... so, are you ready?" she asked.

"Not really, but you're my friend, and I love you," I replied.

"Aww... I love you too, but let's get inside!" she said, pulling me along.

"What about the line?" I asked.

"I managed to get VIP access," she said cheerfully.

"How did you do that?" I inquired.

"You don't want to know..." she chuckled.

"Y/BF!!!" I exclaimed.

"Just kidding!" she laughed.

                 Finally, we reached our booth and settled down. Victoria ordered a drink, while I stuck to water. We chatted and nibbled on some food until we decided it was time to hit the dance floor. As we made our way onto the dance floor, 80's music started playing. I started dancing shyly, but after a few songs, I was wholeheartedly giving in to the rhythm. Although I don't drink, to those watching from the outside, I probably appeared intoxicated. At some point, nature called, and I needed to use the restroom. I informed Vic and made my way out of the dance floor. As I walked towards the restroom, a guy approached me.

"Hey there, gorgeous, are you alone?" he asked, getting uncomfortably close.

"Please leave me alone," I firmly stated as I pushed him aside.

I almost reached the bathroom door when he suddenly appeared in front of me again.

"You didn't answer my question," he angrily demanded.

"I'm not interested. Can you please let me pass?" I sighed with frustration.

"Nobody says no to me," he snapped as he forcefully shoved me against the wall.

"Let me go!" I shouted, struggling to free myself from his grip.

             Even though I knew how to defend myself and had three brothers, I couldn't shake him off. This guy was unusually strong, possibly military or ex-military.

"Please, let me go!" I screamed as he ripped my top from top to bottom.

                He refused to release me, and his hands and lips began to roam my neck. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Let me go!" I cried desperately as I continued to try fighting him off.

                 Before I could process what was happening, an arm swung in front of me, connecting with the guy's face and causing him to stumble and fall. The same arm then pulled me away from the scene.

''Carlos?!?" I exclaimed in astonishment.