Chapter 10

CS's POV - ''Run to You'' (Whitney Houston)

                I hadn't even reached the elevators when I suddenly heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Y/NN running towards me.

"Y/NN?!?" I exclaimed.

"Carlos... I... Can you please stay with me tonight? I don't want to be alone," she sobbed, throwing her arms around me.

"I'm not going to leave you. I'll stay right here, okay?" I said, returning her hug.

"I need you here." she cried.

                    She curled up against me and I held her close, kissing her hair. I made no effort to take things further, content tonight with her proximity. She felt cared for. She felt safe. It was just what she needed and I was glad I was the one providing it. We stood there for a while before heading back to her place. She untangled herself from our embrace to open and lock her door. We made our way to the kitchen, where she poured us each a glass of water.

"This is not how I wanted you to see my place," she somehow chuckled.

"Don't worry about that... Your apartment seems lovely from what I can see."

"I can give you a tour tomorrow, but first, let me get you a proper shirt. I have one Charles left here once. I think it will fit you," she said, heading towards what appeared to be her bedroom.

"Y/NN, could you also get me a blanket or something for me to sleep on the couch?" I asked.

"I... I was wondering if maybe you could sleep with me in my bed. I just really want to be held for a little while," she said sadly.

"Of course, Y/NN," I said, pulling her close to me and hugging her.

"I know I'm supposed to be strong and play the role of someone who is always in control, but right now I just..."

"Even strong women need their hands held sometimes. There's no shame in that. In fact, admitting you need help just shows how strong you are. I know you can take care of yourself, but right now I've joined in too, okay?", I said as I gently lifted her chin.

                   Her face was now tantalizing close to mine and I couldn't help but be drawn to her lips. It took every ounce of self-restraint within me to resist the overwhelming urge to kiss her.

"Carlos...", her voice, laced with a delicate whisper, sent shivers cascading down my spine, evoking a yearning that consumed my very being.

"Come on, let's go to bed," I said, intertwining our hands and letting her guide me to her bedroom.

"Thank you," she managed to half-smile, unaware of the intensity of my internal battle.

                      We entered her bedroom, and she went to her closet to get a shirt for me. While she headed to the bathroom to freshen up and change, I fought to regain composure. A few minutes later, she returned.

"Where can I put these scrubs, Y/NN?" I asked.

"Just put them on that chair." she pointed out.

                     As I did that, Y/NN started to get into bed. I soon followed her. We got comfortable and pulled the covers, seeking warmth and comfort, but Y/NN had positioned herself at the far end of the bed, almost falling out.

"Don't be nervous, you can come closer." , I uttered, my voice gentle, enticing her to embrace the proximity we both yearned for.

                    Her gaze met mine, a mix of hesitation and desire swirling in her eyes, but with each passing heartbeat she inched closer. I longed for nothing more than to hold her, to cradle her delicate form and protect her from the outside world within my protective embrace.

"Can I hold you?", I softly asked.

                    She nodded, granting me permission to envelop her in my arms, cradling her against my chest.

"I'm sorry for being such a burden tonight...", she whispered.

"You could never be a burden," I reassured her. "I like being around you. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here, would I?"

"I'm happy you're here. I don't think I've ever been this vulnerable with anybody else. I guess I trust you with parts of myself I'm afraid to show anyone else."

"You're a wonderful person, Y/N Leclerc. Never forget that. I am honoured that you're sharing this with me." I said, gently holding her face between my hands.

"Thank you..."

                        I softly kissed her forehead and closed my eyes, drifting to sleep. I was in love with this woman and there was nothing I could do about it.