James Potter: Settled in yet?

NOTE: PLEASE READ!

I'm going to start posting my favourite/ most interesting (so far) chapters of other books on here for two reasons.

1. I don't have many ideas atm with school starting again.

2. I might interest you in one of my books?? You never know.

Anyway so, some background info:

-Eleanor Miller is a Hufflepuff Pureblood who (like Sirius) was abused her whole childhood.

-She's a transfer from Beauxtons and it is 5th year.

-Lydia is an OC in Ravenclaw.

-Book: The Man- James Potter
Chapter- Settled in yet?

Now you can continue <3

...

"Fucking hell, mate!"

"Well, I'm sorry. I didn't put the god damn potion in your bag!"

"Can we just-"

"THE LOT OF YOU, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP."

"MR LUPIN! DETENTION."

Well, that's one way to start a morning.

That and a howler.

"Bloody hell Eleanor! Your 4th day here and you've already got a howler!" A seventh year student passed it down the table quickly so I didn't explode.

"Leave, quick!"

But she was too late as the howler burst opened and started screaming.

"ELEANOR GRACELYN MILLER! HOW THE BLOODY HELL DID YOU GET INTO HUFFLEPUFF? YOUR FATHER AND I ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU AND YOU WILL SEE HOW DISAPPOINTED WE ARE WHEN YOU GET HOME. YOU SHOULD COUNT YOURSELF LUCKY THAT I DON'T BREAK INTO HOGWARTS MYSELF AND CRUCIO YOUR ARSE!"

Then, it exploded.

The hall flooded with silence before some of the students started cackling and it was infectious and soon, three-quarters of the hall was laughing their heads off.

Embarrassed and upset, El ran out, tears threatening to spill, leaving her untouched breakfast to go cold.

"Oi! You lot!" Lydia yelled, standing up from the Ravenclaw table. "Just shut your oversized gobs!"

"Lydia Rose! 25 points from Ravenclaw."

...

"Hey, Eleanor? Are you there?" James opened one of the broom cupboards on the other side of Hogwarts to find the crying girl shaking and rocking back and forward as her eyes overfilled with tears.

"W-what do you want? C-come to mock m-me because of the h-howler I got?" She asked through tears.

Eleanor hated stuttering but couldn't help it when she was crying.

"Godric, no. It happened to one of my mates as well. He was put into Gryffindor with me and his pathetic excuse for parents sent him a howler pretty much exactly like that."

"Really?" The brunette asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. Now, c'mre." James squeezed into the right space with her end wrapped his arms around her.

"Is this okay?" He asked quickly. The last thing he wanted to do was upset her further.

Eleanor Miller nodded slowly.

"I'm going to need a vocal answer, Love."

"Y-yes James. It's okay f-for you to hug me."

The girl closed her eyes as she felt James' warm touch radiate her body, causing a fuzzy feeling to emerge in her torso.

"Cmon, we've got to leave. It's past curfew and I don't fancy getting seen in a broom cupboard tonight."

"Okay, James. Lead the way." James grabbed the girl's hand before rubbing his thumb over hers and walking out.

They walked down a couple of corridors before they heard talking. Professors talking.

"Eleanor."

"Yes?"

"I know we've not really spoken but I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Do you trust me?"

"What do you mean James? I-"

"Answer it, quickly!"

"Yes, I suppose."

"Good. Follow my lead."

"Wha-"

James cut her off my kissing her softly on the lips, confusing the girl.

El was about to pull away but remember James saying to play along so she kissed him back, them both moving into a comfortable position- Eleanor with her arms around his neck and his arms around her waist.

"Mr Potter!" It was McGonagall.

James completely ignored his head of house for a couple moments before pulling away. "Yes, Minnie?"

"Don't you 'Minnie' me Potter! What do you think you're doing with Ms Miller?"

"Snogging her. Wasn't it obvious?" James had his signature smirk on his face as he said that, somehow managing to hide the redness and sweatiness of his hands.

"Go back to your dormitories immediately! Potter, I'm sure you'd be so kind to extort Ms Miller here to her Common Room." Minerva finished before walking off with a slight smile on her face.

Young love.

And Albus owed her 50 gallons for James snogging someone before even a week had passed.

...

When McGonagall was out of sight, James turned back to Eleanor and said- "Do you want to stay in my dorm tonight? I'll wake you up and get you back early enough that no one will notice. Plus, I can't be bothered walking all the way there."

"I mean, if that's alright with you?" El asked.

"Sure it is, El." James smiled.

A genuine smile, not one he normally pulled.

...

Don't be a quiet reader! Did you enjoy it? Should I keep posting things like this? x