Chapter two

My first night at St. Jude's went by quite disturbed, the place just seemed too quiet, which is amazing to fall asleep to. Nothing to disturb your slumber, perfect for insomniacs, but none the less. I just laid in this bed, across from Campbell, my new friend.

I had gotten to hijack his other roommates bed as he tends to sneak out. So I learned as Campbell and I watched him lure himself down the window. It was wonderfully thought out and built, he was truly remarkable.

I spent my night staring at the ceiling, listening to the cars outside or listening to the swinging doors in the ward.

Still no screams or chaos, just golden silence.

I was also starting to feel rather home sick, I missed Tilly despite seeing her yesterday. I missed her so much. I think I wept myself to sleep that night, woke up feeling ghastly. I hope I didn't disturb Campbell.

Though it didn't matter too much as he didn't bring it up, maybe he'd rather not let me know that he was listening to my gentle ugly sobs or he never awoke that night. Slept all the way through, undisturbed, unbothered, dreaming blissful happy dreams.

I allowed myself to yawn at the table, each of us getting our own breakfast and choice of juice.
I got orange.

Campbell soon joined me at the table, slamming his tray down, people turned their heads wondering what and where the noise came from. He seemed rather chipper this morning more so than yesterday.

"Alright Joe! How's your first night?" He asked grinning sorting out his breakfast.

"It was well-" I trailed off just staring down at my tray of food as Campbell awed knowingly.
"Rough night huh? I get that- I was like that the first time I was brought here- it starts with the home sickness but you'll soon cosy in, I promise!" He said holding out his pinky to me, I wrapped my own around it and we gently shook our hands before digging in.

Not long after a nurse ushered Fergus in, his hair looked drenched but his outfit seemed dry. Perhaps he changed before he was let in here.

He was soon given a tray and he joined us at our table.

"Hey Fergus! How was your night? I was expecting you back earlier what happened?" Campbell asked him as he shrugged just enjoying his meal as we all did. Though I do wonder what he got up to during the night, outside, in the dark, in the rain. Though it wasn't raining at night and only started this morning, maybe that's the reasoning for his drenched appearance.

Got caught in the blistering rain coming home to here.

{Time-Skip}

"This is my domain! The radio station! This is where the loonies was created! The loonie Tunes! I'm actually training to be a radio dj! I'm actually really good at it! I swear! Just ask Eddie!" Campbell jawed as he entered the small room, I followed behind him.

Eddie was already in there setting things up. Along with this other woman who was just dusting shelves, every nook, every cranny.

It smelt awfully a lot like detol.
It was pungent but clean.

"Hey Eddie! Are the loonies ready?!" Campbell asked sitting down in his seat beside him.
"I don't know let me ask one!" He joked as Campbell laughed shoving on a pair of headphones.
"This loonie is more than ready Eddie! Oh by the way that's Joe! Say hello!" Campbell pointed me out turning back to gaze at me with a little wave, Eddie turned too and gave me a little nod.

"I take it you're new here?" He asked as I nodded.
"Mind me asking why you're in here?" I sort of froze, I can't even remember why I was brought here in the first place. It's like my brain was trying to stop me from remembering, my memory was rather patchy but I'd like to think of it as a good thing. It was saving me from reliving whatever horror I witnessed or took part in.