Chapter Fifteen

•Authors Note•
I do apologise that this chapter took so long, I've been working on some other works and my art! But yeah-
I just read over a couple chapters and I'm like- "wtf is this?!😭😂"

It's like cringe but funny so- I'll contemplate either rewriting this fic or just leave it be and finish it-

We'll see.
-
-
-
-
I sat in the communion room with acquainted strangers, all mesmerised with the pictures on the screen. Flashing ads and showings of new movies or series. A loss of time, a loss of background noise as the tv would suck you in. A heaviness in my chest and a gulp and I was brought back, glancing around the dull room.

A realisation that this was my first and most likely last time I sit in here.

I sighed and got up from the floor and headed out into the corridor, an easiness settling in as I left.

I glanced both ways, up and down the hall before crossing over towards the radio station. As I got there I found Fergus, Eddie and Rosalie in there, Rosalie doing some light dusting and list taking as Fergus was tinkering with the control panel as Eddie sat watching.

Curious, I entered.

They didn't really bother with me well aside from Eddie, he gazed at me and gave an awkward smile and a light wave as I stood beside him and watched Fergus, doing his thing.

"What's going on?" I asked as Fergus piped up.

"Loose screw." He said, shoving the screwdriver aside gently shaking the box and with hum he was satisfied with the result.
"Now that shouldn't be going anywhere for a long time." He smiled, shoving his tools away.
"That's great Fergus, thank you." Eddie said chuffed giving Fergus a pat on the back as he left.

I took the opportunity to scoot over and sit down on the spare chair.

"How're you doin Joe?" Eddie asked as I hummed and sighed.
"Well I'm not terrible, perhaps just a bit bored." I replied as Eddie awed like he understood, which to be fair he probably does.

"I hate to ask but have you seen Campbell? The shows about to air in a few minutes and I haven't seen him." Eddie queried as I frowned, I don't believe I've seen Campbell at all today aside from last night. We had a sleepover again and when I awoke he was nowhere to be seen.

Just an empty, cold, unmade bed.

"Not since last night no." I told him as he sighed and shrugged.
"Well it's not a big deal anyways, it's not his job, just thought he'd like to join in." He mumbled as I nodded, leaning back in the chair with crossed arms.

{Time-Skip}

I retired to my room after lunch and spent the remained of my day there, the bored-ness I was feeling earlier cocooned and was reborn into a new feeling.
Despair.

A dreaded damnation of the long line of emotions.

Though I might just be dramatic, I was most likely sad, a strong sadness, the one that feels like your chest is caving in and your eyes are heavy because your holding back this bank of tears and your breathings all fucked up.

I just can't catch a break.

I can't even catch a glimpse of Campbell either, he's been missing for most of the day and I can't help but blame myself. Like-

Did I say anything or do something that made him choose to avoid me?
Is he avoiding me? And if so why? Cause no matter how much I think over yesterday or any day for that matter I can't think of a single thing that I've done to make him disappear.