Chapter twelve

'Oh my god I like Campbell Bain!' My head screamed at me, as I laid there in my bed gazing up at the ceiling, Tilly's bear beside me.

I was restless and in love.

I hated it but I didn't, maybe cause my last relationship if I could even call it that. I know Campbell isn't like that, I know he isn't, there's just an awful nagging feeling though. I could probably easily ignore it but still.

I sighed and turned over onto my side gazing at the other bed.

Empty and neatly made, it was probably cold. Such a poor cold bed, probably needed warmed up, I hummed watching it as I decided to get up and lie in it.

I shivered covering myself with the thin duvet.

I was right, the bed was cold, I curled into myself like a shrimp in a freezer, garnering as much warmth as I can. I pressed my face into the pillow, taking in a deep breath. The pillow smelt different than my own, not in a bad way, it was interesting.

Smelt like must and sugar.

I hummed shutting my eyes as there was soon a gentle knock, I sat up slowly as the knob twisted and in poked Campbells head.

"Hey sorry to- you sleeping in the other bed tonight?" He interrupted himself as I nodded quietly, he shut the door behind him and came to join me, I nudged up a bit as he sat right next to me.
"Sorry if I woke you by the way, I just couldn't sleep tonight, Fergus is snoring and I just- y'know." He shrugged.
"I get it, so you came to sleep in here tonight." I said as he smiled and nodded, tucking his hair back for it to fall back in his face.
"Only if that's alright." He whispered shyly as his hand gripped the side of the bed.

"Of course it's alright! I'd love to have another Joey Herbert and Campbell Bain sleepover." I grinned as he wrapped an arm round my shoulder and brought me in a side hug.

"You're the best Joe, I'm glad we're friends." He whispered as my stomach sank.

"Right and I'm glad being your friend too Campbell." I whispered back, it hurt to say, to hear.
It made me ill.

"You wouldn't mind if I just went to sleep? I'm actually quite tired tonight." He asked as I shook my head and smiled, indicating over to my bed.
"Thank you Joe." He whispered pecking my cheek as he walked over to my bed and settled down.

I slowly laid down with a gentle gulp, I gazed towards the ceiling, a sense of deja vu, I'm back to where I started. Except I was much more content, my stomach light and my cheeks warm.

{Time-Skip}

We got to leave again, under the condition that we stay in the garden and had plenty sunblock on. As it was at least 23° today, it was sweltering, I had come prepared with a water bottle as provided by Isabel.

Fergus, Rosalie and Francine had come down to join us, they were at least allowed out to the shop since they never exactly went anywhere yesterday. Well aside from Fergus, I'm a little surprised they let him out into the garden.

Aside from that, Campbell and I set up a little spot near the trees so if we ever so needed a break we could crawl into the shade.

"This is brilliant!" He cooed happily, removing his shirt. He laid down on the warm grass and stretched.

"It's too bloody warm out here!" Francine complained, fanning herself with her hand.
"Aww lighten up Fran, no one else is complaining!" Campbell sighed, bringing his arms back resting his head on them.
"Aye cause they're either dead or dying of sunstroke." She huffed sitting in the shade.

I sat down next to Campbell and took a sip out my water bottle.

"It is rather lovely out." I said as Campbell smiled. While the others situated themselves ignoring Campbell and I.
"Just as lovely as you Joey!" He teased as I shook my head lying down next to him.
"Oh Campbell Bain, whenever will you stop talking to me like I'm some single night stand." I sighed dramatically as Campbell rolled over to his side.