Chapter fourteen

I made accordance with myself to stay in my room, to which I did. I didn't say another word not to anyone, not even poor Isabel who came in to check on me. I felt miserable, I felt absolutely terrible the way I treated her, she was only doing her job.
___________________________
{The day before}

'Joe, is everything alright?'

'Please go away, I don't want to talk to anyone- I don't even want to look at anyone!'
'Filthy disgusting eyes! It wasn't even my fault- he did it himself!'

'Joe I really don't know what you're talking about.'
'What happened? Is everything alright?'

'Just fuck off Isabel!'
___________________________

I felt sick, I wanted to make it up to her but then again I didn't even want to leave my room, the bed.

I just wanted to stay in bed.
I couldn't face the entire ward, my stomach was too ill for breakfast. It swirled slowly and gurgled like a beast, I held my mouth like I was about to vomit. Till there was a knock at my door, I frowned worriedly and turned away from it facing the wall, clutching my blanket.

"Joe." Campbell cooed as he entered, shutting the door behind him.

"Joe you're not still asleep are you? Come on it's breakfast silly." He chuckled lightly sitting on the edge of my bed, rubbing my shoulder. Rubbing it like everything was fine, like nothing happened yesterday. I treasured him for his blindness.
"You're not dead are you?" He jested as I grimaced bringing a hand up to his resting one, squeezing it.

"Good morning frankstein, you coming to breakfast my beautiful creation?" He grinned, interweaving his fingers in mine as he held my hand.
"I can't." I mumbled as he hummed curiously.
"Why not love?" He asked leaning over a little, trying to look in my eyes, I gulped feeling small. He cradled my face with a hand, I looked at him reluctantly.

"I feel sick." I told him as he frowned, moving his hand to my forehead then my cheeks.

"Is it like a sickness in your stomach? Cause you feel fine hen." He asked as my brows furrowed for a moment at the word 'hen' that wasn't even a pet name. That was just some junkie thanking the cashier for his fags. I wouldn't even be surprised if he called me 'doll' next.

"Yes." I said as he hummed.

"That's no good, are you sure you're not sick because you're hungry?" He asked as I glanced off for a moment. He smiled and tried sitting me up, I leaned back against the back board of the bed as he held my hands.

"Let's get you some breakfast!" He said as my stomach gurgled in response.

I really wasn't feeling like leaving the bed but Campbell looked so happy. I couldn't just leave him, I sighed reluctantly and nodded. He picked out something for me to wear and I put it on.

{Time-Skip}

I felt a little better after breakfast and I just got to rest in Campbells room. We cuddled up on his bed, laying on top of him as he hugged me, gently rubbing the back of my head. It was very therapeutic.

He kissed my forehead and then the tip of my nose.

He soon pecked my lips and then again, his lips curving into a sort of smirk. It sort of made me smile as I kissed him back, sitting up a little, I hummed happily as he grunted softly beneath me.

"Joey let me sit up please." He huffed as I awed and got off him as he shuffled up with a little sigh of relief. He patted his lap as I clambered onto him again, he kissed me happily as my arms lazily laid over his shoulders.