Chapter Ten

I awoke the next morning filled with mixed feelings, I was excited to see Campbell, I was, I was just also unsure.

What happened if Campbell meant to stop sending me letters, stop talking to me. Maybe I made things awkward, I can't even remember what I wrote on those letters Campbell sent, which horrified me to my core.

I remember the little bits, little fragments.

'I'm not too bad, my days been pretty stressful as well.'

'Oh my dearest liege,
your letters bring me out of the deepest slumber, your solidarity, your noblesse, you humble me so with your charitable words.

Oh they bring me up, a smile adorning my cheeks, I do wish my letters do the same,

Yours sincerely,
Sir. Joey Herbert of Python'

'I miss you.'

I sighed and decided to get out of bed, there was only one way I was gonna find out and that was to confront Campbell Bain.

I changed and headed out to the cafeteria.

I gathered my tray and sat down with Fergus but no Campbell to acquire him.

"Morning Fergus." I said.
"Morning." He muttered.
"Where's Campbell this morning?" I asked as he hummed clicking his tongue.
"Last I seen him he was still in bed." He told me as I awed, sipping my orange juice.

"Though I have been meaning to tell you, Campbell says he's sorry for not sending any letters back recently." Fergus said stuffing his face with branded cereal.
"He's been struggling a lot, especially when his dad visited, though it isn't my place to tell you that. I was only meant to tell you he's sorry." He shrugged gazing down at the bowl, circling the spoon.

"Let's just say his dads a prick." He muttered taking a bite as I hummed lowly nodding.

"Would it be a bad time if I visited him?" I asked as I just earned a shrug off Fergus, I left it there. Maybe after Breakfast I'll seek to Campbell, if he doesn't arrive here soon. I've made up my mind and that's what I'll do.

{Time-Skip}

After Breakfast I had made my way to Campbells room, I glanced at the door for a moment before chapping. Nothing. I was just met with silence, I thought to chap again but then when I think about it, Campbell usually enters my room he'd always just barge in.

I gulped and slowly twisted the knob and poked my head in.

Campbell was just sitting on his bed, dressed, glancing out the window, he didn't even look back to see who was at the door.

"Campbell." I cooed walking in, shutting the door behind me.

"I'm just coming Isabel." He muttered as I cocked a brow and smirked walking over to his bed. I thought to cover his eyes and play guess who but he just seemed so out of it. I just sat down on his bed beside him till he turned round. I smiled as he just stared at me for a bit, reaching out cupping my cheek, he smiled.

"Oh Joey! Is it that time already?! I thought I was just seeing your ghost haunting me." He chuckled and gave me a squeeze, hugging me tight.

"I've missed you so much- you can't believe how bored I was without you-" he whined resting his chin on my shoulder. I hugged him back happily.
"I've missed you too, are you doing okay?" I asked as Campbell hummed in response. It was quiet and sounded like he didn't want to talk about it.
"It doesn't really matter how I am, let's just catch up okay? But don't let me go either we can talk like this! Or they might separate us again and we don't want that!" Campbell grinned as I just nodded gently with a slight chuckle.

"What've you been up to? I know you've been doing the radio station with Eddie now, how is it?" He asked.

"Not bad, I'm rather enjoying it." I told him, he hummed happily.

"I'm glad to hear and your sister? Is she okay?" He asked as I spelt out yes on his back, he giggled and bounced slightly.
"Stop that- that tickles!" He chuckled as I then wrote no on his back, he squirmed and giggled again.
"Come on Joe, just use your words! Let me hear that handsome voice of yours!" He teased spidering his fingers through my curls, I could feel my spine twitch as my cheeks warmed.

I gulped and bit my lip.

"Come on Mr. Radio man, let's hear that looney voice of yours~" he smirked and grinned, cooing in my ear.

"Campbell Bain you better stop teasing me or you're gonna give me the wrong impression." I said embarrassedly as Campbell chuckled.
"That's what you get for drawing on ma back." He whispered as I glanced off. He sighed and let me go, we stopped hugging.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled wiping his hands down his face.

I frowned watching him, I scooted closer and held his shoulder, he leant his head on me as I began to rub his shoulder.

"What's wrong Campbell?" I asked him.

"It's nothing really, it's just my dad getting on my nerves, says I need to get my act together and get proper grades or I won't be able to get a proper job! I told him about the radio show but he's no hearing me!" He furrowed his brows letting out an exasperated sigh.

"I'm good at the radio aren't I?" He asked gazing at me with sad desperate puppy eyes. It broke me.

It broke my heart, my soul.

"Campbell you're the best radio host my ears had bestowed upon, if your dad heard you maybe he'd reconsider but I'd love to see you per-sue this dream of yours Campbell, I really do." I told him as he bit his lip and looked off before hugging me again.

"I appreciate you so much Joey Herbert, maybe when I'm infamous on the radio one day my dad would respect me enough but for now at least I have you." He muttered as I felt my heart pound.

"Yeah you have me." I whispered, smiling as my hands fumbled his tickle-ly back.