1.6

when the girls got to the hotel, cameras were flashing in their faces. sam winced at the bright lights, shielding her face as best as she could as she gently pushed through the sea of people screaming questions at her. hotel security spotted the girls, moving through the people and gently guided them safely inside.

"thank you, that wasn't very fun."

"it happens, ms. rayne." sam's eyes widened a little in confusion at him calling her by her last name. she was guessing luke told him, god, he's so proper.

as the two friends made their way inside the elevator, sam scuffed her foot on the floor. "i think luke is about to let me down." she whispered, addie whipping her head over to look at sam. "he told me to meet him in his room."

addie's eyes softened as she looked over at her. "oh, baby. he's not letting you down. he wants to be alone with you. stop thinking so negatively, especially when you just told me the poor guy paid for your school and moms house."

sam nodded slightly, now growing even more nervous. the elevator doors parted, revealing the long hallway they ventured down just yesterday. as they started down, sam's eyes scanned the rooms until she reached the one luke told her to go to. "i'll see you soon." she told addie who walked into the room next to his.

sam felt butterflies racing around her stomach as she knocked gently onto the hotel door. she heard some rustling before the door opened to reveal luke. he looked down at the girl, smiling softly before stepping aside so she could come in.

after she stepped in, he shut the door behind her before making his way over to the couch in the room. he patted the seat next to him, her legs shaky as she made her way over and sat down.

"you look pretty today." he complimented, a blush coating her cheeks. "so, we should probably talk about what you said."

her stomach twisted, her fingers fiddling with each other. "yeah, i guess." she mumbled quietly, chewing at her lip. "i don't know what to say. i mean, i've noticed how you make my heart race way too fast. and, when you touch me my stomach is all tingly and butterfly-y? i don't know how to explain it."

luke smiled fondly down at the pretty girl sitting next to him, resting his chin in the palm of his hand. "why are you so nervous? its just me, its just luke."

"but, that's the problem. its not just luke anymore. you've become different in my mind, like, you're all i think about and you're who i want to see all the time. i've never felt like this, luke. its freaky."

luke laughed at the poor girl who for a second thought he was laughing at her. "sorry, i'm not laughing at what you said." he quickly assured, scooting a little closer to her. "i'm laughing, because this is how you fall in love. it starts like this."

"okay jeremy zucker."

"who?"

"how dare you."

"okay, we're getting off topic here—"

"how do you not know who jeremy zucker is?"

"how do you know who he is?"

"luke, im serious. how do you not know who—"

she was cut off mid sentence by his lips pressing against her own. her stomach erupted in butterflies as she closed her eyes, moving her lips slowly against his. it was careful, calm, and delicate. everything that she had dreamed of, and everything he had been searching for.

when the kiss began to deepen, the sound of the door slamming open broke the two apart. sam ended up jumping too far back and fell right to the floor, bumping her hip on the corner of the table.

"well, well, well. what do we have here?"

sam looked over to see michael, ashton, calum, and addie standing in the room. she shot addie a glare, her hands immediately shooting up in surrender. "i told them you were in the bathroom. they noticed luke was gone so they came to find you."

luke rolled his eyes, kneeling down on the floor to help the poor girl sit up. "yeah well, you scared the shit out of her so, congratulations."

ashton pouted, kneeling down to make sure the girl was alright. "you okay?" he asked gently. sam blushed but nodded, ashton nodding and standing back up.

"great!" he shouted, making her jump slightly. "now that that is over, you can explain yourself lukey."

"i dont have to?" luke stared at him confused, helping sam get to a standing position. she blushed when his touch lingered, gently pulling her hand from his.

"you told us sam was just a friend. we've been betting on how long it would take you to grow some balls, but none of us saw it being so soon." michael answered, luke gaping at them as sam snickered quietly next to him.

"trust me, guys. he's already got balls." sam spoke without thinking, her eyes widening at what came from her mouth as she smacked her hand over her mouth. the boys howled in laughter, her face turning a bright pink. "i-i only know cause he sent me a dick pic!"

luke was now the one blushing, his friends laughter growing louder. "oh my god." he mumbled, covering his face as sam sent sorry glances back to the boy.

"oh god, i can't breathe." calum wheezed, all of them bent over in tears.

sam flushed, groaning as she hid her face. "i'm going to bed." she grumbled quietly, walking over to luke's bed. she climbed in, snuggling under the covers before yanking the covers over her head.

that lasted, for about ten seconds, until the covers were ripped off her by none other than michael clifford. "you don't get off that easy. if you're gonna date our lukey, you gotta deal with us embarrassing you." he teased the girl, who swatted at him, yanking the cover from him before tossing it back over.

"the sass." calum snorted, walking over and ripped the covers off her this time. sam shot calum a narrowed look, his hands dropping the cover instantly. "luke, make your girlfriend get up." he whined, turning over to the tall blonde for help.

luke snickered, taking a few strides over before leaning down and brushing the girls hair from her face. "come on, let's go kick their asses in fifa."

"but i suck at fifa." she pouted, jutting out her bottom lip which drove luke crazy in such a way he doesn't want to admit it. he cleared his throat, glancing away to look over at the guys.

"can we just watch movies today?" he questioned, all of them shrugging. he then looked down at her with a small smile. "now come on." he helped the girl out of the bed, chewing at his lip as everyone began flooding out of his room. "don't worry, you'll be in bed with me soon enough." he whispered playfully in the girls ear, who just smacked his arm and rolled her eyes.

"fuckboy."