EPILOGUE - ONE

EPILOGUE PART ONE !

TWO YEARS LATER.

"cheers to mr. and future mrs. hamilton!" addie yelled, glasses being raised as everyone cheered. "may you guys have a beautiful wedding soon and a happy life together."

sam flushed at her best friend's speech, smiling as she raised her glass up, mouthing a thank you before turning to press her lips against her fiancée's. adam pulled back, a wide grin on his lips as his and sam's eyes lingered on one anothers for a while.

sam chose to ignore the lack of spark between their lips, instead turning her attention to their guests as addie approached. "thank you for throwing our engagement party." sam said softly, resting a thankful hand on her best friends shoulder.

addie sheepishly smiled, her shoulders rising up and falling down casually. "you can thank michael, he's the one who wanted to throw you guys the party here." sam glanced over at michael across the room, blowing him a playful kiss. he winked back, addie rolling her eyes with a smile at the two friends. "i'm really glad you two are so close, its a plus that my husband and best friend are thick as thieves."

sam giggled, shaking her head in amusement. "we always have been, and we always will be." she promised, addie linking her arm in sam's before the two started strolling around the room. "did you invite him?" she questioned curiously, addie shaking her head.

"i mean, yeah, i tried. he immediately declined. probably for the best, yeah?" sam nodded, but she couldn't deny the beat in her heart that wished luke was here. even though things had ended so ugly for the two of them, she wished he would at least pretend to be happy for her. yet, she didn't blame him, her happiness was no longer his responsibility. he had nothing holding him to her, so she couldn't be angry when he said no.

she greeted a few people she recognized, all of them telling her how beautiful she looked and how excited they were for the wedding. sam smiled, insisting she was excited as well, but a little part of her was worried.

worried that a certain someone left things unfinished. she loved adam, she knew that for sure, but she didn't love adam like she loved him, she knew that for sure too. as bad as it sounded, she always felt like something was missing when she was with adam, the spark and the adrenaline both lacking.

she chalked the thoughts off as wedding jitters, insisting to herself that she was just trying to find a way out of it due to her commitment issues. as she glanced back at her husband to be, his smile gave her all the reassurance she needed.

"i'm gonna go smoke." sam whispered to addie, who sent her a disapproving glance but didn't object. marijuana was one of sam's guilty pleasures she couldn't seem to let go. as she rushed toward the back door, she pulled the joint and lighter from her purse, slipping out silently.

she knew it was rude to leave her own party, but she couldn't help it. at the mention of luke, she desperately needed a distraction. his name sent her back to a time where she was in love with the blonde, but now that she was older, she knew how bad he was for her.

she brought the paper to her lips, flicking the lighter, using her free hand to cup the flame to hide it from the wind and took a deep inhale. stifling a cough, she pulled the joint from between her lips, exhaling slow before ending up in a small coughing fit.

once she calmed down, she opted for another hit, mentally sighing when she felt the smoke sinking into her lungs. the feeling of the smoke traveling sent her into a satisfied and relaxed state, letting her lean against the back of the house.

she let her eyes close, enjoying the warm breeze cascading on her face, taking yet another hit. everything was peaceful, a soft glow of the setting sun laying on her face.