3.4

AN: FIRST OFF THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 800 READS??? THIS BOOK HAS FOR SURE BEEN MY BEST, AND IM ONLY GETTING MORE AND MORE EXCITED FOR NEW THINGS COMING SOON. THANK YOU FOR READING AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS EXTRA LONG CHAPTER !!

luke walked into the pizzeria slightly out of breath. his eyes searched around the small restaurant, a smile curling onto his lips when they landed on the girl luke had desperately wanted to see. he quickly made his way over, sitting down in front of her which made her look up and smile. "hi," he breathed out, his smile only growing.

"hi." she said back softly, her head glancing back at the counter. "i got a large cheese pizza, i figured cheese was the safest option." she giggled, the sound being music to luke's ears.

he nodded, sitting his phone flat onto the table, turning all of his attention to the girl across the table. "cheese is fine with me." he agreed. "i'm really glad you asked to talk, i feel like last night i didn't give you a chance to talk. which i'm very sorry for, by the way."

she shot him a thankful glance, a girl bringing over a pizza and sitting it down in front of the pair. "thank you," sam spoke softly, the girl simply shooting sam a smile before walking away. "gosh, i feel like i'm starving."

luke nodded, grabbing two of the plates, handing one to her before sitting his own in front of him. he grabbed a slice, laying it on the plate and watched as sam did the same. "before i forget, management added a spot back on the schedule in a few weeks." he started, taking a bite of the pizza.

"really? where at?" she asked, wiping her mouth after swallowing the pizza that practically melted in her mouth.

he hummed, swallowing before speaking up. "denver, its on our way back towards LA, where our tour will end." her entire demeanor perked up, an excited smile on her lips.

"wait, really?"

"mhm." luke confirmed. "i figured the two days we're there you could catch up with your mom." her heart warmed at the thought of luke thinking of her, and thinking of how she must miss her family.

"i'm so excited." she gushed, a wide grin spread across her lips which made luke happy. "we can come back to this, we really need to talk about last night."

his smile faltered a little, his nerves getting the best of him as he prepared for the worst. "okay,"

she rested her hands on the table, looking over at him with an unreadable expression. "last night, you ran before i could even say anything, luke." she said softly, a small frown on her lips.

the air around them grew tense due to the new topic of conversation, his head nodding slightly at her words. "it wasn't fair to not let me say my peace before deciding for me."

his head dropped to look down at the table in shame. he was disappointed in himself, for not hearing her out and for making her feel like this. "i miss you too, luke." her voice was so quiet he almost missed it, but he didn't. he snapped his head up, a hopeful glint shining in his pretty blue eyes. "i miss you like fucking crazy." she breathed out, luke's heart hammering against his chest.

"you're all i can think about, you're all i can see. you make me want to be better, you make me better, lu." she sighed, shaking her head a little. "i miss you all the time, when i'm laying in bed, when i'm taking a shower, even when i'm doing nothing. i miss us before things got super messy, before arzaylea."

luke winced at her name, knowing all too well that she was what put the biggest wedge between the two. "luke, i came out here, i came on tour, to be with you." he couldn't deny that her words sent him to the moon, but he kept quiet so she could talk. he got to say what he wanted to, so it was her turn.