Wattpad Original
There are 52 more free parts

Craving

noun ~ a powerful desire for something
*sc*

NOVA

I felt Celimene calling to me and confused; I accepted her call. My mind stirred and before I knew it, I was blinking back to the present. Lifting my head, I looked around at my surroundings.

We were at the waterfall, on the grass, and my fur was damp. I heard the trickling of water as it hit the lake and turned my head when a sharp tongue suddenly dragged itself along my side.

Ares was busy grooming me, his ears behind his head, eyes closed as his rogue tongue ran through my fur. I leaned toward him, nudging him with my nose. He paused, eyes darting open to stare at me. Grumbling softly, he craned his head closer so he could lick my snout. I huffed at him, shaking my head submissively.

Phoenix? I wondered.

He lowered his enormous head until he was beneath me, looking up with wide eyes. 'No Phoenix.'

Ares. I breathed. How long have we been here?

'Not long.' He licked his nose. 'It's still daytime.'

I turned, looking out at the horizon. The sun was lowering in the sky, which led me to believe it was nearing dinner. I rose to all fours and stretched out my limbs, getting used to being a wolf again. It was strange how easily it came, and I wandered around the edge of the lake.

Ares wasn't far behind me, keeping his ears alert as he looked around. The earth was soft beneath our paws, and I followed the scent of my clothes as we walked. Ares stayed beside me, occasionally brushing himself against me. I boldly nipped his ass as he passed by me and he growled, spinning his head around to bare his teeth at me.

I lazily grinned, sure my tail was wagging like mad as my mate huffed at me. I snickered, brushing past him and flicking my tail in his face. Hearing him growl, I quickened my pace and ran. Ares stayed back, allowing me the lead until we both came scraping to a stop, digging up the earth beneath our claws. I barked at him when he nudged me with his head, his snout poking my underbelly.

It was nice to be in my furs, and I felt so... contented knowing that it turned out fine. It had been a breeze, as though the near year-long break never happened. My wolf sat happily on the side-lines now, her energy and excitement burning off over the past few hours. I felt peaceful within myself. The guilt and the fear vanished from my heart.

I shifted back, stretching my human body out. I felt sore and tired, my legs body aching from the first shift. Turning toward my mate expectantly, I found him right behind me. His head was inline with mine as he stared at me with those golden orbs. I raised an eyebrow, wondering why he was in my business.

With a wolfish smirk, he suddenly coated my face and neck with wetness. I gasped, squeezing my eyes shut as the wolf slobbered all over me.

"Ares!" I scolded.

I wiped my eyes with an annoyed huff. He didn't seem to care, falling onto his haunches to stare at me. His wolf's eyes appraised me in a way I wasn't sure I deserved. His head cocked, nostrils flaring as he looked at me. With a disgruntled sneeze-snort, he shook his head at me.

I watched him cautiously, ready to shove his face away if I needed to. He yipped softly before turning around and walking away from me. Crossing my arms, I waited expectantly as he shifted. Phoenix stumbled before me, stretching his limbs as he approached.

"Hello," He smiled.

"Hmm..." I hummed.

He grinned, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me up and around his waist. Our naked bodies collided, but he held me respectfully.