Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

Enquiries

noun ~ an act of asking for information

NOVA

The days since we discovered I can, as Charlie says, teleport, I have tried to do it again. When nothing but a nosebleed happened, Phoenix's jaw clenched shut and it never happened again. It scared him; I scared him. I understood why; it was scary stuff. Imagine falling into a dreamworld and waking up somewhere new?

Still, we were no further with the help we wanted to seek.

Charlie was adamant about straying far from witches, and Phoenix was still uncertain about Theia. I, however, was not sure if I wanted to disturb Gaia. She rather enjoyed her peace, or rather her sadness, and if I ever thought about disturbing her, it came with great guilt.

So tell me, why was I hiking toward her house right now?

Why was I putting both of us through this?

Why was I dragging a grumbling Sean behind me?

Phoenix believed us to be doing 'light' training, which we were. In a way... Hiking was training, so it still counted, as much as Sean grumbled otherwise.

"I thought you enjoyed going for long hikes."

"I enjoy going for long runs. There is a difference."

"Then why don't we run?" I wondered, confused.

"You are clumsy."

I gasped. "How rude Seanie Bear!"

He grumbled again at the nickname, but my lips curled into a grin of satisfaction. With a sharp 'race ya' sent his way, I bolted through the wilderness. My heart thumped loudly in my ears as the hike turned up the pace, glee escaping past my lips as Sean caught up beside me. He was still grimacing, but when I turned to shoot him a grin, his lips quirked. Despite his obvious enjoyment, he still rolled his eyes.

We made it to Gaia's house not ten minutes later, and I scooted to a stop at the premises. She had a barrier around her home, one to deter unwanted guests. Lucky for me, I was not one of those today. Glancing at Sean, it pleased me to see he wasn't one either.

"It's too hot for this shit." Sean grunted.

I laughed, agreeing. June was always warm here, I noticed, and the heat only grew worse as the weeks went by. For now, I could handle it, but I knew in a few weeks I would be complaining. I wish I had a werewolf's DNA sometimes; at least I can adapt to climates better.

"I wonder where she is..." I mumbled, looking around.

The front door was open, as were the windows, and there was a soft sound of music drifting from the cottage. Gaia has been busy in the garden; the front lawn was full of way too many flowers. They towered over the footpath, and I winced every time I stepped on one to get to the front door.

"Gaia?" I called, peeking my head inside the threshold.

There wasn't a sound from inside, but I immediately picked up on a curse from the back garden. I glanced at Sean, recognising that he heard it too. With a quick jerk of my head, I led him through the living quarters to the back door. There were fresh sugared biscuits on the counter to and I had to refrain from taking one.

"Ga-ia!" I sang.

"What do you want?" She huffed.

Spinning around, I spotted her kneeling beside a flower bed. She was pulling weeds, a pile of them on a small cloth. She also had a cushion beneath her knees, and her gardening gloves matched the flowery print of it.

Cute.

I grinned. "Nice to see you too!"

She scowled. "You sound like your brother."