Wattpad Original
Há mais 17 capítulos gratuitos

Coquetry

noun ~ flirtatious behaviour or a flirtatious manner

POLLUX

Uptown was a decent-looking shop, with prices expensive enough to ward away any stragglers. A person greeted me warmly as I entered, and I embraced the cool air of the conditioner.

"Anything I can help you with today?"

This human was also female, with similar hair and complexion as Helena. As my eyes studied her, her aura told me she was amused.

"I'm guessing you recognise me?"

"I'm sorry for staring." I apologised, a hand to my chest.

Her heart fluttered in her chest, and she laughed softly. "It's okay. Do you recognise me?"

I studied her some more, taking in the replica features. The only difference was Helena's eyes were green-hazel and this human, Harriet's, eyes were blue.

"Helena sent me..." I mumbled. "Do you..."

Harriet rolled her eyes. "That's my sister."

"Makes sense." I hummed.

Helena sent me here because she thought they were my style, but going by the nervous excitement of the Harriet, I realised it was a double meaning.

"Always sending me the handsome ones." Harriet tried.

Another thing about cities; flirting was way more obvious. I was a naturally flirty person, but Clover had crept into my mind and now everything felt dull.

The human reactions to a wolf were nothing new; they tended to be drawn to us. Most looked at us with curiosity, but to get a reaction that was anything more, was usually because they recognised it. You could be interested but not react, or you could be interested and therefore become curious. It seems Helena was trying to set her sister up because Harriet's reaction was anything but nonchalant.

Politely smiling, I shook my head. "Sorry, I'm just here for clothes."

Her face fell slightly, but it didn't deter her. "What kind?"

"An outfit. A polo, perhaps some shorts."

It was warm, so some shorts would do.

"A polo will do you no good in this weather. It gets hot in the city."

"I won't be staying long." I shook my head.

She glanced at me from over her shoulder. "Oh? Just down for the week?"

"Weekend, you could say."

"How come?" Harriet wondered.

Humans. So nosey.

"Just because." I shrugged.

She smirked. "So, you travel a lot?"

"I do."

"That's a shame." She hummed, pulling out a dark blue t-shirt. "How's this? Will look good with your complexion."

"That's great." I agreed. "Black shorts will do."

Harriet nodded, moving to the cargos. She chose some black ones in my size before leading me over to the register.

"Anything else? We have a two for one on underwear." She cocked her head.

I followed her hand to find her pointing to a tray full of black and grey boxers. I shrugged, nodding as she grabbed a pair each and scanned them through.

"Shoes?"

"No, I'm good for shoes." I frowned. "Socks?"

"Behind you."