Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

Drive

noun ~ a trip or journey in a car

CHARLIE

"Can you keep a secret?" I wondered.

My mate blinked at me, dropping the box in her hands onto her stripped mattress. "That depends?"

"Oh, please!" I begged. "I need to tell someone! I've been holding it in for a week! A week!"

"Okay, okay!" She laughed. "What is it?"

"Nova can teleport!" I blurted.

Calida eyed me, folding a t-shirt. "She can?"

"Yeah. She goes to different, weird, dreamy worlds." I nodded, watching her intently. "It was pretty cool."

"Was it now?"

"Well, duh!" I scoffed. "I think Phoenix was going to shit his pants."

Calida laughed. "Charlie, why did you not get a picture?"

I grinned, approaching my mate. "I didn't want to get eaten alive?"

"That makes sense." She hummed, leaning into kiss me.

I accepted her affection with a broad grin. Calida was slowly opening up to me and in the couple of weeks that passed since we copulated, she was more accepting of my advances. I was eating up every single kiss or brush of her fingers with a happy heart, eager to reciprocate them.

Kissing her back, I nodded into her mouth. "Phoenix is scary."

"Please." She snorted, pulling away to place another t-shirt into the box. "Have you seen him with his kids?"

"That's not Phoenix." I shook my head. "That's Daddy."

Calida quirked an eyebrow. "Daddy?"

"Yep!"

"You realise how you say that makes it sound like Phoenix is your sugar daddy?" She wondered.

I hesitated, acknowledging her comment. "He basically is anyway."

"Charlie!" She laughed. "You cannot go around calling Phoenix Daddy."

"Why not?" I pouted. "He gave me a house, pays me every week, and we go out for fun little adventures."

Her laughter didn't lessen, and she shook her head. "Stop it, you'll make me pee."

"Bladder control issues at your ripe age?" I mused. "Can't relate."

"Charlie!" she scoffed, whipping me with a t-shirt.

I laughed with glee, jumping out of the way. Calida was not older than me, but I loved to tease her about her age.

"Charlie!" she scolded. "You are eighteen months older than me!"

"Maybe in earth years but not by heart!" I taunted.

My mate rolled her eyes. "Twenty-six is not old."

"Just think, you've been here a year and you are already in love with me." I teased.

She scoffed, placing another t-shirt into the box. "Just because I am moving in with you does not mean I love you."

"Nu-uh, you told me you love me." I shook my head.

She frowned. "Did I?"

I gasped, my turn to scoff. "Calida Ramirez, all this time it was a lie? Or is your old age affecting your memory? Besides, I see it in your wrinkled eyes."

She giggled, placing her hands on my shoulders. "Charlie Evans, if you call me old one more time, I will feed your testicles to Daddy."

My eyes widened. "Poor Phoenix."