Wattpad Originals
Încă 49 de capitole gratuite

Kiss

noun ~ a touch or caress of the lips

CHARLIE

I took my Pollux siting duties very literally. In the days following the catch-up with Phoenix, I thought about my plans. I could either ask him straight up to hang out with me, or I sneak-watch him. However, Pollux was smart, and he may ask too many questions if I proposed hanging out with him over Calida.

I wasn't sure how I would be able to sneak time in with Calida. Perhaps I could force Pollux toward Nova somehow, maybe force him to get involved with babysitting so I could have one dance with my mate.

Pen in hand, I scribbled out my latest note with a huff.

"Somebody's deep in thought over here."

My head snapped upwards, the pen in my hand scratching across the notepad.

"C-Calida! Hi," I beamed.

Her eyebrows quirked, looking down at me before glancing around the room. I took a moment to admire her appearance, her hair tied back and her skin fresh and bare. She wore some blue denim jeans that flared at her knees, paired with a long-sleeve-knitted jumper.

It was the end of March, and finally, it was warming up out there. My human mate would be warm at last.

"What are you doing?" She wondered, setting down a washing basket.

"Working something out." I shrugged.

Her hands fell to her hips. "In the utility?"

I looked around, before glancing toward the floor. "Yeah?"

"On the counter?"

"Yeah." I frowned. "What about it?"

She blinked, staring at me with a strange expression that I returned. Eventually, she sighed, shaking her head as she bent down to do her laundry. I watched her quietly, happy to just be watching her do meaningless tasks.

Perhaps one day we could have our own house and we can do meaningless things together.

That's if our relationship ever blossoms further.

We had made the 'date night' a regularity, to the point she turns up at my bedroom doorstep every Friday night in those damn tight pyjamas. I dread to think what she would wear as the weather warmer, my mate made anything look delectable.

After pressing start on the washing machine, she turned to me with her hands on her hips again. I shrank under her scrutinising gaze.

"What are you writing?"

I clutched the notepad to my chest. "Nothing!"

Eyes narrowed, she took a step closer. "What are you writing?"

"It's nothing, honest!"

"If it's nothing, then show me!" She cocked her head.

My lips curled with defeat. "I'm just working out my work schedule for the twin's party this week."

It had been a week since Phoenix told me what I was supposed to do. Now Friday, was my last day to finalise my wicked plans before tomorrow.

"I still can't believe you have to work," She frowned. "I thought Phoenix employed extra security for a reason."

I hated keeping something from Calida. Having grown more comfortable with her, my wolf wasn't happy that we were not telling her why we couldn't be together tomorrow. I knew she was going to look amazing, and it was going to kill me not to be close to her.

"I know, but as Beta, I have to act the Beta." I squared my shoulders.

Her lips quirked with amusement. "How you are the Beta, I shall never know."