Secrts of the leaf.. Part 38....

................Traps and Trickeries..........

............................HAIKU[38]..................

TRAVELING THIS HIGH

MOUNTAIN TRAIL, DELIGHTED

BY WILD VIOLETS.

           .........Basho...........

..............o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o..............

Quick, almost none-existing sounds of barely there footsteps, hardly managed to startle what little life force Konoha's surrounding forestry housed. The air spelt frigid, calm yet loud and alive with a thousand unseen eyes gauging their every step.

Five pairs of feet, one extra pair invited, the other not so much, had entered their little fray under rather unscrupulous means of exaction by one Yamanaka-Ino.

What originally had been a three man operation, briskly turned into a four then five personel mission. But in all honesty, Sakura couldn't fault the blonde bombshell for her deliberate intervention when in fact it was her team, well minus Sasuke and very little assistance from herself, that had aided and abedded team 10 in their vengeful fight against two infamous Akatsuki members in the months past.

The devastation those two inflicted by killing Asuma-sensei, had dealt the Leaf a fatal blow. But the ones that suffered the most, even behind closed doors and worst, in their own heads were team 10, Konohamaru and Kurenai-sensei.

But this tag along of theirs was simply a means of payback. And it came in the form of a bitch, a blonde gum chewing seafoam eyed bitch that knew how to honey her way into every and all situation. And with out the usefull skill of her family's bloodline trait, of- course.

So now Sakura was stuck between her and Shikamaru's dull dead eyes as they all meandered a secured path through the Fire Region's clustered forest.

A few more yards and they'll be in the clear, which would eventually allow Itachi full use of his Kamui with out fearing the others sensing its wave length.

Something that did struk her as odd though, was how quite tenacious he'd become in this unguided endeavor of theirs. Parts of her understanding tethered this surprisingly ductile behavior on him wanting to do the right thing.

Maybe; no not maybe, but definitely his conscientiouesness was surely crying out to fill that painful void the memories of his past trangressions  had inflicted on them all. Look, Sakura didn't truly know him that well but she knew of his type; the type that tried earnestly to correct their past by overcompensating when opportunity comes knocking. And boy was this a favourable one.

On one hand, what Neji got out of this situation was evidently clear. Aside from him also following his own moral compass, wanting to do the right thing by Naruto was pinnacle and above his elders with this act of disobedience. Then again, how would said elders react, when word eventually gets out pertaining to him and a certain someone sharing intimate spaces in and around the dark?  Not that it was any of her business at the moment.

As for that nosy blond bitch and her nicotine addictive stooge, well it was yet to be decided what it is they're expecting out of this situation. Still, Sakura had way too many thoughts cluttering her mind at the moment; as taxing as it was, but her mental healing hinged upon the apprehensive unravellings of these contemplations.

Kami knew she needed to before her so called engagement to the big bad wolf takes centre seat. And she meant that as in the day he decidedly grows a pair and formally introduces himself to her parents. Wow, how awfully docile and maleable she'd become after just one night of hard fucking.