Part. 21..

................Short reunion ..................

.......................(HAIKU 21)..................

                 OUT OF THE DARK

                INTO A DARK PATH

               I MUST NOW ENTER:

          SHINE ON ME FROM AFAR      

MOON OF THE MOUNTAIN FRINGE

                                       -Izumi Shikibu-

..................... O0O0O0O0....................

    A warm evening's fire howl's it's existence into the hour. Its flames beautifully bright even as it dances to the wind's mournful tune. Around it's burning embers they huddled, some in groups, some alone, but conversations were ever flowing as the sky slowly ebbed into a dark afterglow.

The mood, mello; their tones, gleeful.

They spoke of things long past, events not forgotton but long since left unspoken. Father and son blessed the growing night with their inhumane smiles as two brothers sought to mend the holes in their tarnished familial bond. Olden friends remained at a safe distance but still managed to keep that code of cordiality amongst them selves, while new ones strived to form a deeper connection despite their new allies previous malefactors.

Over all, the atmosphere rung joy, content on a much deeper level than each had previously known.

Green eyes made aglow from yellowed flames followed each. Her line of vision swayed from one man to the other as her lips froze upon a tender curve. Tranquility, peace of an unknown sort washed over her poorly clad state in her seated position. Sakura's world days ago had been reduced to nothing but blood shed and an insurmountable loss of  lives, but now, after war had ceased its erie song, the world had been drenched in a new state of restfulness.

To her far left sat her former sensei, her far right Madara. But to her immediate left and right sat Naruto and Sai while Sasuke conversed with his brother and Kakashi's former team mate, Obito. Now, fingers, slender with partly chipped nails raked a shallow path through short, blonde, unkept hair.  "Baka, you need a haircut"

"Speak for your self" the fox blonde responded tiredly with his head now gracing her lap. "There's such a thing as too much hair you know?" A slight mischvious smirk followed before a barely audible yelp.

Naruto's sudden wince shouldn't have been all that surprising, given the fact that he was seated between two  team-mates whom gave as much as they received. 

"No need to rub it in Dick head", Sia finally drew his eyes away from his sketch book, albeit a bit on the nervous side. "I've been trying to hide this", the glow of a large silvery scissors graced their eyes for a few stolen seconds, "from you know whom"

"Wait, Sai you've been carrying that all afternoon with you?"

"Like fuck I was, what was I suppose to do with it huh?" Yes, he was still very much nervous for he could feel the full weight of Madara's gaze piercing into his skull from behind.

"He looks like he's about to shit himself, common Sakura put him out of his misery already"...

"Fuck you dick head But-"

"Excuse you, I fuck nothing with out a soul, paper face"

"Why you-"

" Okay, that's enough you two" And as expected Sakura was caught in the middle of their little squabble. Ever since Sai's contractual obligation towards the foundation broke, it seemed his tongue knew no limits. One would think his and Naruto's spat was almost ritual by now. "I don't care whose fucking whom at this point, just give me the dam Scissors will you sai" And yes, her tone matched theirs in that quieted hush hush fashion.