Part.5...

.................Broken dreams.................

....................HAIKU(5)........................

                 ENGLIGHTENMENT

                IS LIKE THE MOON

          REFLECTED ON WATER.

       THE MOON DOESN'T GET WET,

         NOR THE WATER BROKEN.

                                          -Dogen-

....................o0o0o0o0o......................

One breadth in, one tired breadth out. He Paces his mind and wills his steady heart to be still as the world continues to crumble before him. Like cracked cinder blocks his dreams that once twinkled in the night sky now falls to earth like dry leaves bellowing amidst the wind. Broken and filled with fissures, they came crumbling down in thick chunks of incomprehension, doubt and apprehension. And although he didn't trust Zetsu's words as as far he could throw him, which was pretty fucking far; that still didn't mean that some of it, if not most of his tiresome mother loving rants weren't true to a certain point.

Yet, paying the helpless witness to his somewhat childish, obsessive unloved banters roused not only the bubbling doubt Madara tried to simmer beneath his bones, but it also increased his ever growing trepidations. What if, just what if each and every spoken word that fell from  Zetsu's deceitful lips were true down to their very core? What if this life, this afterlife and former death of his, Madara's, were all for naught, and simply a well planned out scheme the darkened creature had crafted from the moment of his birth?

To be hainiously swindled in such a manner by the mere dream of a world with out hardship and bloodshed most certainly made a fool out of him, yet somehow and as he laid here, completely suspended in mid air by midnight tendrils that danced like boundless shadows, the great Uchiha's thoughts were all centered on one person, and the what if's of a life spent in the comfort of a woman's presence; certainly a mind boggling thought to concieve in a time filled with great peril and upheaval for lust, love and happiness were all comforts to a fool's heart, and he the greatest villian ever lived was most certainly no fool.

"A penny for thy thought, Mukashi no masutā?"...(old master)

"Tsk!"... Madara spat at him; a not so great insult he knew, but when one's limbs were forecfully render immobile, even child like approaches becomes the individual's only choice of retorts... "Ive nothing to say to you!"

"Ohhh is that so, hahahah oh my sweet deciple!"

"I am no one's-"

"Yes you are, whether or not you accept these facts, you still are, and"... Zetsu came even closer to his prey. Large and deadly sharp at the end, his talons sunk into the other's flesh while one of his charcoaled hands forcefully cradeled his enemy's face in mid suspension. Angling Madara's bruised gaze towards his level, he tightened the midnight cords, an extension of his body, around his pawn's throat; watching as the snake like entities squeezed the life out of his insides... "Through you I've made my will, our will possible".... He backed away after a short while, relishing in the Uchiha's choked intake of oxygen, post - relent.

"The great Madara Uchiha, indeed I've no doubt your potency, the drive and force behind your name and nature, however, you were my puppet and i your puppeteer"

"I am no one's puppet you sick entity, least of all yours" Madara wheezed after each expelled word. Mentally he willed his one Sharingan as well as his rinegan to aid in his escape but like the olden creature the monster claimed himself to be, through some inconceivable force, he was unable to conjure the powers he needed.