Time Difference

x Male!Reader

Part 2

"Oh yeah one more (again, a problem is showing 💀) remember when I asked abt songfics? While not rlly a songfic, could I get one where it's (tom holland's) Peter Parker x Male Reader inspired by Jet Lag by Simple Plan and Natasha Bedingfielf (stan Nat Bedingfield) where Peter is abroad on a long mission and y/n is just stuck at home rebuilding the death star with Ned, but they really miss each other a buttload"

Shuuuttt upppp- I'd never heard of this song before but I listened to it and have so many ideas for this fic- I'm in love.

I haven't done many songfics so I hope I didn't format this weird or anything-

I'm considering this as like a part 2 of Roses- established relationship and all that.

I skip a view verses just because they don't work with the story- but the bulk of the song is included!

BOLD is (Y/N)'s texts and normal are Peter's.

@@@

Requested by: @

Peter Parker x Male!Reader

Hugging each other tightly, Peter kissed (Y/N) as they said goodbye. Peter was about to go on a mission abroad, but as far as (Y/N) knew it was just a trip for his internship to meet some amazing scientists and engineers in Europe.

He'd be gone for three weeks- which was far too long for teenagers in a relationship. But off he flew, and (Y/N) went back home, waiting for the text that he had landed.

What time is it where you are?
I miss you more than anything

Peter hung upside-down from the hotel ceiling, something he often did when feeling anxious. Other than a dim lamp in the corner, his phone was the only light in the room, shining a blue light over his face.

He smiled a bit at one of (Y/N)'s texts, before sending one back. They would usually be on FaceTime but this was their way of acting like they were going to bed even though they weren't.

"What time is it for you?"

"early"

Peter rolled his eyes with a smile.

"You need to get ready for school."

"and you need to be getting some sleep!"

He could imagine the exact look (Y/N) was making with his face, sad that he couldn't be there to see it in person.

Instead of hitting the FaceTime button like he wanted so badly to do, he just said what he was feeling.

"I miss you"

"i miss you more 🫶"

I'm back at home, you feel so far
Waiting for the phone to ring

(Y/N) was over at Ned's house, supposedly studying. In reality all he was doing was nervously glancing at his phone every few seconds.

"Why can't you call him, again?" Ned asked for the hundredth time, sick of his friend not paying attention.

"Because he might be at some important meeting! Or he might be asleep, I don't know- this time difference is screwing me up." (Y/N) bit his nail as he tried to focus on his work again.