Owed

[PLATONIC] x GN!Reader

Howdy!

I was scrolling on TikTok (my fyp has been filled with Stranger Things for a while) and found someone doing headcannons on how the characters from Stranger Things would react to you asking them for a piece of gum.

Her tag is @justablondemi on Tiktok, but I was inspired by her take for Dustin, so I wrote this!

Dustin Henderson x GN!Reader (platonic- no romance implied but imagine what you want, I guess)

Enjoy-

You sat down at your desk in English class on the last day of school, feeling disgusting after waking up. You probably didn't look that bad but it was just one of those days. After putting down your backpack you looked to Dustin Henderson, this kid you've talked to a total of about three times. He seemed nice enough.

You lean over before the class started, honestly needing just a little something to pick up your disgusting feeling.

"Hey, Henderson?" you ask, leaning over the isle a little to get his attention. He turned to you, eyebrows raised expectantly.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Do you have gum that you could give me?" you ask, looking kind of desperate but not wanting to push him.

He sighed a little and dug through his bag, holding the piece out to you but swiping it away when you reached out to take it. You look at him with thick confusion set on your face.

"But- you owe me," he said seriously. His eyes were wide, almost comically.

"Yeah, yeah, okay." You nodded and took the gum from him, not realizing that he really meant it.

With that you popped the gum in your mouth and started fiddling with the wrapper as the bell rung. You weren't doing much, seeing as it was the last day of school, but it was still frustrating.

...

You were sitting on your couch reading a book. The rest of your family had gone on a trip but you had refused to go, you felt no need to visit Aunt Harriet, who didn't like you anyways. Your parents weren't complaining; at least they had someone to look after the house while they were gone. And they trusted you- in their own way. It was sad but even they knew you didn't know many people, so the chances of you throwing a party were not high.

Turning the page you sighed, zoning out while looking at the boring, white tiles of your kitchen floor, seeing as the living room and kitchen connected. You'd read the book tons of times, and the worn out cover sat thin in your hands.

You were shaken out of your trance by the doorbell ringing. Not making any move to answer it, you stared at the door in confusion. Who on earth would be ringing the doorbell? Maybe it was some salesman, who knows.

Quickly realizing the person had rung the doorbell again several times you stood up, becoming concerned as the doorbell rang over and over, the person resulting to not only banging on your door but spamming the button.

"Yeah- okay, okay- calm your tits!" you shouted, sighing in exasperation as you opened your door quickly. You leaned your right hand on the door frame as your left held open the door. You glared out at the people there.

Henderson, Sinclair, Mayfield... was that Harrington? You squinted your eyes at the group.

"...Okay, someone's going to need to explain what's happening here," you informed, majorly confused.

"You remember on the last day of school- English class?" Dustin Henderson looked at you with warning eyes.

You nodded slowly, still looking confused.

"I gave you a piece of gum," Henderson continued.

"...You've got to be kidding." You deadpanned at him.

"I told you, you owe me!"

"Well, what exactly is going on here that I'm supposedly paying you back with?" You dramatically gestured to the other people. "Your friends and..." you looked Steve up and down in concern, "...babysitter...?"

Steve rolled his eyes as you continued.

"You all look like you're going to blow something up, or something." You shrugged, not liking the gloves he was wearing and the shovel Max had thrown over her shoulder.

"...We'll explain on the way, just come on," Dustin told you, getting impatient and starting to walk back to the car behind them.

"My family isn't here, I need to watch the house!" you objected- honestly not caring much for the house, just wanting an out of this situation.

"Your house isn't going to grow legs and walk away, kid. Get in the car," Steve shouted, opening the drivers door and getting in.

"Son of a bitch," you swore under your breath and followed them out, locking the door behind you.

...

It was late at night, street lights the only thing guiding the car's way. You sat in the back seat with the other kids, the group somehow having grown in the adventure, filling up the entire car. Dustin sat next to you, hat askew and clothes covered in mud. You weren't looking much better than him; your clothes ripped with some pieces of the fabric swaying with the cars movement, your face covered in scratches and bruises and your hair looked as though you'd been in rough wind for an hour.

The two of you stared straight ahead, still trying to comprehend what just happened.

"For the record-" your gravelly and tired voice rang out through the quiet car, breaking the silence. "Whatever just happened was worth more than one piece of gum, jackass."

Henderson rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Yeah, whatever."

"No- you owe me now."

End

For those of you following my "Stubborn Little Shit" (Eddie Munson x Male!Reader) I promise part 3 will be out soon, it's just taking me a little while due to my motivation issues.

I loved writing this, I hope you liked reading it!

-Author Max <3