Snippet 2

My First Best Friend

x Male!Reader

"random but I can imagine hermione doing the whole "I'm his big sis, so if you hurt him, I'll avada ke-" thing and that's honestly fun for my soul"

I love Hermione as an older sister- I think it's so perfect for her character (especially her overprotective side).

Ron and (Y/N) had just come back from their date to Hogsmeade, and (Y/N) was walking Ron back to the Gryffindor common room. They'd fought for a while, but decided next time Ron can walk him to the Ravenclaw common room.

After they'd finished going up the hundredth staircase, laughing and half-panting, they stopped short at a looming figure in front of the painting of the Fat Lady.

Arms crossed, toe tapping the floor, Hermione Granger stood waiting for one of her best friends to return from his date with her little brother. A date that neither of them had informed her of so she had to find out from George (she'd bribed him by offering her services if they ever needed it for pranks).

She raised an eyebrow in an unamused glare, and Ron gulped.

"Hey... 'Mione," (Y/N) hesitantly greeted, grabbing Ron's hand in support. "How are you?"

"I'll deal with you later, for now it's late and you should go to bed," Hermione insisted, turning her gaze to Ron. "I have to have a little talk with your little boyfriend."

Ron slowly let go of (Y/N)'s hand, nodding that it would be okay. (Y/N) didn't look so sure. When he passed Hermione, (Y/N) winced.

"Be careful with him, yeah? I'd like a second date, and for that he needs to be alive," (Y/N) half-begged his sister.

"Don't worry, he won't be dead by the end of it, just a little bruised," Hermione reassured (not really). But then she pushed Ron through the opening of the painting and left (Y/N) standing outside of it with a terrified look on his face.

Looking around the silent staircases around him he eventually shrugged and turned to find his way to the Ravenclaw tower.

(Inside the Gryffindor common room.)

Hermione had a painfully tight hold on Ron's shoulder, nearly dragging him to the couch by the fireplace. Once she sat him down she sat down in front of him (she'd moved a chair to be in between the couch and fire).

"So, you've decided to date my brother."

"Well, it was kind of a mutual decision-" he stopped at Hermione's glare. "Yes."

"Listen here, Weasley, if you so much as hurt a hair on his head I will rip yours off."

Ron's eyes went wide and a drop of sweat made its way down his face.

"Break his heart, and I will use an unforgivable curse you on, don't think I won't."

Ron merely nodded, too afraid to say anything.

"Listen to my words carefully, Weasley. I care about my little brother very much, he was my first best friend before you and Harry, and I would do anything to keep him safe. If you start to become dangerous or hurt him, it won't be pretty. Am I understood?"

"Yes ma'am," Ron quickly spoke, his entire body on alert.

"Good, now that that's over with- Harry needs us upstairs for something, I'm assuming its just to hang out."

"Wonderful," Ron quickly stood up and booked it up the boys staircase, hardly waiting for Hermione.

Honestly I can't wait for them to get to the stage in their relationship where they sneak into each other's dorms somehow to snuggle at night.

Hope you liked it mangoooo

-Author Max <3