Summer Lovin'

x Fem!Reader

"Miss Granger x female Slytherin I beg you 🙏🙏 but a nice one"

--

Sorry this took so long! I've got a schedule out now so I'll be doing these requests more regularly <3

Enjoy!

@@@

Requested by: Anon

Hermione Granger x Fem!Slytherin!Reader

The fresh smell of new books would always cheer Hermione up. Not that she was in a bad mood, but it cheered her up nonetheless. Hearing the bell ring above the door was something Hermione had been longing to hear all year, the smell of a citrus scented candle wafting around the sunlit shop.

The walls had chipped brown paint on them, a warm timber color that seemed to be fading, showing the true age of the building. The wood floors had colorful rugs placed here and there, the children's section a burst of color against the serene atmosphere. Waving to the man at the front desk, someone she'd seen there often over the years, Hermione was on her way to find a new book.

She walked slowly down the fiction aisle, her finger skimming the spines of each book. When she found one that caught her eye she pulled it off the shelf, reading the synopsis on the back.

"Looking for something exciting?" a voice asked, making Hermione flinch in surprise. She looked up at the person next to her, eyes wide. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," she laughed and held her hands up to show that she meant no harm.

"You're fine, it's just very quiet in here," Hermione reassured, smiling gently at the girl in front of her. "And yes, something exciting. I've been reading non-fiction these last couple of months and decided to switch it up." She waved the book in her hand around slightly.

"Hence the fiction section," the girl commented, smiling with amusement when Hermione agreed. "That one is one of my favorites." She gestured to the book Hermione was holding.

Hermione looked back down at the book, reexamining it. "Is it any good?"

"I'd like to think I have pretty good taste," she replied, skimming the titles of the books on the shelf in front of her.

"Are you looking for something to read?" Hermione questioned, holding on to her book with more certainty than before.

"No, I just come here to find pretty girls to talk to," she replied, her face completely serious.

Hermione was slightly taken aback, hesitating before asking, "Really?"

The girl's serious face morphed into a smirk, shaking her head calmly. "No, I was being sarcastic. But that does tend to be one of the perks of this shop."

Hermione laughed nervously in response, nodding her head before tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Yes, I'm here to find a new book to read. Any suggestions?" She motioned to the shelf they were standing in front of.

Hermione turned serious as she inspected the spines, her eyes catching a specific one. As she pulled it off the shelf she asked, "How do you feel about a mystery with a romantic subplot?"

"Sounds right up my alley, if I'm being honest."

Hermione handed her the book and they both made their way up to the counter to pay.

"You'll have to let me know how you like the book," the girl insisted, scribbling something down on a nearby paper. Ripping it off she handed it to Hermione. "This is my house phone, don't be surprised if my parents answer."