Long Day?

x GN!Reader

"can I request some fluff for Edward with a gn reader? I just really had a bad day and it's so draining having to deal with constant mood swings of other people 🧍 so just some comfort if that's alright?"

I've had a pretty bad day too, Anon, it'll be okay <3

Fluff/Comfort Edward Cullen x GN!Reader

Warnings: Swearing

Twisting their head back and forth, pops coming from their tense neck, (Y/N) opened the door to their apartment. It was a shabby old thing in Forks, Washington, but they'd had a long day in Port Angeles.

Letting out a long sigh, (Y/N) kicked their door shut, dropping their keys in the bowl next to the door and kicking off their shoes. They slowly started taking off their jacket, eyes drooping, before catching onto the figure in the kitchen doorway.

"Oh, dear God!" (Y/N) exclaimed, gasping and holding a hand to their chest, rolling their eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Edward didn't sound the least bit apologetic, an amused smile playing on his lips as he walked towards (Y/N) and helped them take off their coat.

"It's fine, I just didn't hear you," (Y/N) mumbled in response, rubbing their eyes and yawning.

"Long day?" Edward asked, ready to hear all about it.

"Don't even get me started. What is it with customers treating employees like they're below them?" (Y/N) started walking to the kitchen, getting themself cereal in the dimmed room as Edward followed.

"All day I've gotten complaints on everything I've done- even though I know I've been doing them right! Ugh, and my coworkers seem to think my sole purpose in life is to listen and help them with their problems. Katy today kept trying to get me to talk to her boyfriend for her, can you believe that? There's no sense of professionalism, you have no idea how much I want to tell her I don't want to be her friend..."

(Y/N) continued to rant, sending Edward the most hilarious facial expressions that had him holding back a laugh, opting to nod sympathetically instead. It wasn't that he didn't think their problems were legitimate- that's not it at all. He honestly didn't like seeing them all worked up, but the sense of domestic-ness in the situation brought him peace. He would listen to them everyday for the rest of his life if they'd let him.

Finally, huffing as they set down the milk on the counter, (Y/N) regarded Edward closely.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be complaining-"

"Don't even start that," Edward interrupted. He stood up from his place in front of the counter and walked around it to (Y/N), taking their face in his hands. "I did ask, and you know I never mind listening."

(Y/N) sighed, unsure, but shook their head. "How was your day?"

"Boring without you there," Edward suavely responded, winking.

Snorting, (Y/N) put the milk away and picked up their cereal.

"Wanna watch a movie while I eat?"

Edward merely hummed in response, wrapping an arm around their shoulders and walking with them to the living room.

Turning on the show they'd been watching together, Edward sat down rigidly on the couch. (Y/N) sat down inches away from him, leaning into his body and pulling a blanket over them both (though they knew it'd do little for Edward).

Slowly Edward relaxed, and the two stayed in the warm cushions long after (Y/N)'s cereal bowl sat discarded on the coffee table in front of them.

Speaking of (Y/N), they were snoring on Edward's shoulder, fast asleep as Edward rubbed their arm soothingly. He leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on their forehead, closing his eyes. If he'd ever wished he could sleep before, it had never been as strong as it was now.

End

Hope I did your request justice, Anon!

I channeled a lot of my shit into this and honestly I feel comforted- so at least it helped me 💀

-Author Max <3