Grains of Sand

x GN!Reader

"could I request something fluffy with Edward Cullen? Maybe he and the reader went on vacation together and Edward gets roped into building the best sandcastle-

could it also be a gn reader? pronouns they/them.

only write if you're comfortable with it of course!!"

Thank you so much for requesting! Here ya go!

Fluff Edward Cullen x GN!Reader

Warnings: Pet Names, Shirtless-ness?

"I told you you'd like the beach!" (Y/N) shouted as they ran to the water, letting it get to their waist before turning back to Edward.

He was standing in nothing but his swim trunks, shaking his head with an amused smile. (Y/N) could practically hear the soft chuckle he let out. (Y/N) waded in the water for a moment, admiring their boyfriend from afar, the sun reflecting off his marble skin. But (Y/N) mainly focused on the way his eyes shined with adoration as he got closer.

He was walking deliberately slow, and (Y/N) caught on before ducking under the water with a barely consealed smirk.

Edward sped into the water, joining his partner as they jumped out and tackled him. It was nice, being able to spend time alone like this. Not that (Y/N) and Edward didn't love the rest of his family, but it was nice no having to worry about them hearing and knowing everything.

(Y/N) eventually dragged Edward out of the water, throwing their arm over his shoulder while his went around their waist. They were both laughing at something (Y/N) had said, a rare sight for Edward to be so openly joyful, as they dripped with water.

They still had a few hours of light, Edward suspected.

"I bet you can't build a sandcastle," (Y/N) teased, gently pulling Edward's hand toward dry sand.

"Is that a challenge?" Edward smirked, leaning in close.

"Sure! We can make it a contest," (Y/N) replied, winking and kissing him before pulling away and getting to work.

...

Edward had finished his castle, not that (Y/N) had noticed. Their tongue poked out of the corner of their mouth, child-like concentration as they pressed the sand in tigheter.

"My love," Edward called, gaining their attention. "I've finished."

(Y/N)'s jaw dropped.

"Excuse me- where di you learn to do that?" Needless to say there was far too much detail in the towering pile of sand.

Edward nearly snorted, "We've lived in many places over the years, a surprising amount having beaches. You know Emmett doesn't pass down competitions so I've had practice."

Another laugh was pulled from his mouth as (Y/N) put on an exaggerated pout and crossed their arms.

"You coulda' warned me."

"But then I wouldn't have won," Edward gloated.

"Cheater!" (Y/N) threw sand at Edward, leaving him to shake it out of his hair.

(Y/N) stood up to run back to the house, knowing Edward would just use his speed as advantage.

They laughed and ran and spun around, holding each other on the couch as the sun set through the open windows.

End

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks again anon, and have a great day!

-Author Max <3