Badger in Distress

x Fem!Reader

"I'm being an anon here bc I been here too much 😔 anyway HAHAHAHA I WASSSS thinkinggggg about idkkkk Harry x Male McGonagall Reader where he's McGonagall's grand nephew (her sibling's grandchild) because I just think it would be funny 💀 but also since u mentioned a huffie puffie girl any gender would be cool ✨ ok bye bye friendo bendo"

OH MY GOD- I just might. And by I just might I mean I am.

I'm making it a Fem!Reader just to keep the plot consistent, but I'm thinking... what if she had a twin ✨

I just need to think of who this twin's love interest will be-

@@@

Requested by: Anon

Harry Potter x Female!Hufflepuff!McGonagall!Reader

(The Ron x Male!Ravenclaw!Granger!Reader is mentioned as "Granger"- but Hermione calls him "Peanut" because I definitely think she would call him that growing up, and Y/N is already taken in this series.)

It was Harry's sixth year and it was all the same, some imminent threat looming over his head, people staring at him, and Malfoy being a bully.

Sitting in Herbology, Harry groaned quietly as Professor Sprout said they were to be paired with someone from the opposite house, in this case Hufflepuff.

Ron gave him a sympathetic look and walked away, Hermione just shrugging at him. Suddenly, someone from behind him cleared their throat.

"Hello, I'm (Y/N) McGonagall. What's your name?" (Y/N) held out her hand with a confident smile as she waited for him to take it.

Harry was taken aback, shaking her hand anyways. "You don't know my name?"

"I do know your name, but I thought a formal introduction would be nice."

"Oh. I'm Harry Potter."

"Would you like to be partners, Potter?" She looked at him expectantly.

He nodded, not trusting his words, as she turned to the plant on the table, dropping her bag on the floor next to her stool.

"Your last name is McGonagall?" Harry asked, sitting hesitantly in his seat and facing her.

"She's my great aunt. And speaking of her, she actually sent me with a message for you," (Y/N) revealed, facing him.

"Oh," Harry was a bit disappointed, finding out this beautiful Hufflepuff was told to talk to him and that she didn't do it of her own volition.

"She just says she wants to see you after lunch, has something important to tell you, etcetera etcetera-" (Y/N) shrugged and turned back to the plant, inspecting its leaves.

She didn't need to partner up with him just to say that, but she had wanted to. (Y/N) hadn't gotten the chance to meet the great Harry Potter and she'd been going to school with him for 6 years now.

He's not as awe-striking as everyone was making it seem. He was just a teenage boy like all the others.

"Alright, Potter, let's see if you live up to your name. Let's try to pot this plant."

Harry was hooked. He was in love, actually. Not only had she not made a big deal about his name (cliché but still appreciated), but she'd also made a pun about it that had nothing to do with Voldemort.

Cue the pursuit of love Harry was quickly chasing.

They were partnered together for the next few weeks in herbology, so he got to spend time with her there- but now that he'd spoken with her he was seeing her everywhere.