Chapter 15 - Making a Friend

"Remove your shirt," Revus states frustratedly.

"Remove your shirt," I mock, "You wouldn't be saying that if you were in my shoes."

Revus places his left hand over his face and, using his thumb and fingers, begins to grind his temples. "We've already been over this," he complains, "I'm just treating your wings. Why are you making a scene?"

"Because it's embarrassing," I argue, glancing down at my chest. My breasts are getting bigger and... I direct my gaze at Revus and glare as I cover them.

Revus sighs, "I'm not going to peek at your chest, if that's what you're worried about." He walks over to a stone bed with a fur pelt resting on it and, as he sits down, comments, "Besides it's not like you have anything worth looking at."

I feel my body heat up as my anger boils, I bellow, "Shut up jerk! Even if they're small, I'm still getting used to having them."

"I don't care whether you're used to them or not. Now get over here so I can treat your wings," Revus declares, "Or would you rather I strap you down and forcibly remove your shirt?"

"Grrr." As we glare at each other, I clench my fists tightly. This stupid jerk! "You wouldn't dare."

"Care to find out?" Revus inquires, lowering his head and raising his eyebrows.

I squeeze my fists, digging my nails into my skin. "Gah! You're so unbearable."

"Funny hearing that from you," Revus comments, "I'm not the one making a fuss here."

I look over at Faraine who is seated at the table. "Faraine," I call out, getting her attention, "Would you say something to him?"

"Um... Well..." Faraine glances between the two of us, until her eyes land upon me, "I think you should let him treat you."

"What? You're on his side?" I shout. As I angrily extend my arm, pointing at Revus, an aggravating sting festers on either side of my spine. "Tsk," I flinch in pain.

"See," Revus notes, "You're just making things worse for yourself."

"Would you shut up!" I bark, directing my rage at the aggravating fairy.

"I understand your concern, but..." Faraine hesitates, " you won't be in as much pain and-"

"Fine," I cut her off, "I get it." I frown at her.

She bitterly chuckles, "Sorry, I know it's-"

"It's fine," I sigh, angrily. I turn to Revus and scowl at him, "Don't look."

"I've already treated your back a couple of times," Revus remarks, "I don't know why you're making such a big deal about it today."

"Because..." I mope as I look down. Dang it. Why do they have to get bigger? It's making me conscious about them...

"Do you want me to make you a shirt that exposes your entire back?" Revus asks, scratching the back of his head.

I look up at him, "You'd do that?"

He nods his head, "That way you won't have to take it off while your wings are recovering?"

"I'd..." I pause, turn away from him as I feel my face heat up, and quietly reply, "Like that..."

"I'll see what I can do," Revus states, "but before that..." He pats the white fur pelt. I defeatedly slog over to the bed, climb up onto it, and sit next to Revus. "Whenever you're ready," he says as he looks down at me.

"Yeah I know," I snap, "Just, give me a moment..." I take a deep breath and exhale, before glancing down at my chest. I peek at Revus and hiss, "If you look, I'll-"