Chapter 7

The atmosphere of the room was cold, I hadn't paid attention to the fact the skirt I had been wearing came with a v-shaped drop falling right towards my mark—leaving it exposed.

I wasn't sure what to say.

There's no way I could lie about something so obvious now that I've reacted so strongly but what will happen if I don't say anything, I don't know Chevalier well enough to determine what he'll do, will report us? Or will he leave us be?

"My my, humans are rather intelligent beings."
"...Not the time, listen Chevalier I..." I started but as he looked into my eyes my throat went dry...the words are beginning to chock me.

The sound of his silent judgment made me feel guilty for some reason, I know I didn't want Hades giving us away but it turns out that I was the cause of our secret being blown this time.

"I'm sorry...it's just that Henry mentioned that you weren't a fan of the dragon race and I was afraid that if you found out that maybe you wouldn't have helped us, I didn't want anyone to get hurt but I also didn't want anyone to-"
"Quite down," I was cut off as Chevalier walked over to a nearby chair to have a seat.

I have to admit that I was bewildered by his reaction considering what Henry had told us but also because Felix mentioned that almost everyone in this village hated the dragon race but all the people I've met so far don't seem to hate dragons as much as he claimed, the people of this village surprisingly seem rather friendly and welcoming towards others—it's a bit hard to believe that any of them would be able to hate anything or anyone just by the way the people we've run across treating us with such kindness and acceptance despite us being trespassers.

"Listen, I'll let you two in on a secret."
"How unexpected." Hades said as he lifted me from the ground, I sighed, "Hades for the love of celestia clam up." I glared at him, he grinned moving my arms to wrap them around his neck before bridely holding me.

"...Right, As I was saying. Henry is a complete drunk who loses track of his information, though he wasn't wrong that I've had a hatred of the dragon race he's failed to inform you that my father was the one who hated dragons more than anything else in this world, Henry commonly forgets that my father's passed away and knowing him he's assuming that he's still up and running this shop." He took a breath, "I couldn't care less about the dragon race now that I've gotten older, and if I'm being honest the only reason I despised dragons was because that hatred was planted inside my head since I was a boy." He continued, as he explained, things became clearer and everything began adding up.

To put it simply, Henry is in denial of Chevalier's father's death. I hadn't thought much of it before but now that I'm thinking back Chevalier seems 100% more mature than Henry.

Henry wasn't sober when we were there so it makes sense as to why he must've gotten a bit confused, but it turns out that Chevalier isn't all that hateful towards the dragon race which is always a reliving thing to hear after freaking out about someone finding out about our true identities—more like Hades's true identity considering I'm just a normal guy who was unfortunate to be marked by him.

There wasn't much to say after his explanation, now that I've freaked out about nothing and Chevalier cleared up the situation we're just sitting here awkwardly, and not only is this awkward but unfortunately I'm going to have to request that Chevalier cover this part of my stomach so that my mark stays hidden but now that I think back to my former outfit I've come to realize that it was much more revealing and left most of my stomach hanging out anyways, which leads me to the question, why did no one point out my mark other than Henry while we were roaming around the town?

"Wait a minute how..." I stared at the mark while whispering to myself before Hades suddenly lifted my chin to drag me into a kiss, "Mhmp!" I moaned as he continued pushing my lips against his until he was satisfied and once he was I began squirming constantly punching him but unfortunately, his reflexes were too fast for me to land a single one—it's impressive that he can hold me this way while only using one hand.