Chapter 9

It's been exactly an entire week since Hades, Zippie and I arrived in the nation of Giton. The original plan was for us to travel to the nation of Yecuria to resolve an issue that involved both missing women and children and a worrisome shortage in their food supply but instead, Hades ended up getting us into some trouble with some of the people who live in a small village located on the outskirts of the nation's capital.

Though things haven't been all that bad here, we ended up making friends with many kind people and fortunately, everyone's still alive and Hades hasn't revealed his identity to anyone we aren't on trustworthy terms with—since the nation of Giton has a history of hating both monsters and Dragons I figured it'd be easier if Hades played the role as a normal human while Zippie remains hidden as much as possible and surprisingly it's been working for both of them.

Silvia may have found out because of Felix but luckily she's like him and doesn't have anything against monsters or dragons, which was extremely lucky on our behalf—if she hadn't accepted it like it were normal I'm not sure where we would be right now, probably in a guillotine.

"Eiiiiiiii! Ziippies!!" Zippie jumped into my lap as I leaned down to pull up my boots, while spending some time with him I've learned a few more words in his language, for example; "Zi...pie" means that he's hungry, "Zzippie" means that he's tired, "Eiiiiiiii" means morning and "Ziippies" is how he says my name, isn't that adorable?

I smiled at him as I gently pet his head before lifting him in my arms, "Good morning Zippie, I'm surprised Felix hasn't taken you yet."
His body began shaking and I'm just going to take a guess and say that's his way of laughing.

Though surprisingly we weren't interrupted by a certain someone, which isn't a good thing. I lightly placed Zippie on the bed before pulling my boots up and running down the stairs in hopes that Hades would be downstairs doing nothing, unfortunately, that wasn't the case, instead, Chevalier was sitting on the couch reading some type of book, "Chevalier, have you seen Hades?" I questioned, and he lifted his head curiously.

"Henry and Felix came to pick him up a few moments ago, they told me they were going out to find "the perfect place" whatever that means." He shrugged his shoulders before looking back down at his book and my mind went blank.

Why would Henry and Felix take Hades anywhere together? And why would they be looking for the "perfect place"? It doesn't make much sense but I don't think it's a good idea for any of them to be out on their own...those three aren't exactly the most reliable trio I would think of—I mean Henry's not exactly in his right mind most of the time, Felix acts a bit like a child and Hades doesn't have empathy for anyone or anything...on top of his cluelessness.

I sighed before walking out of the front door to begin my search but then I realized that I had no clue where those three would go...but then I remembered that I knew someone who might!

"..., This is ridiculous," Chevalier murmured.
"It's better than sending one of us alone right?" He shot me a glance before making his way into the forest as I followed closely behind.

"Ziiippieee!"
"Explain to me why you decided to bring the slime exactly. Won't he get in the way if we run into some sort of trouble?" He questioned, "Honestly if I left him in the house I'm not sure what he'd end up doing, plus If we run into any problems I'm sure I could handle it by myself."
"Sounds pretty confident for a guy in a dress." He whispered, not sure why he was in such a bad mood but I suppose he was here against his will—I practically begged him to come with us since I didn't want to risk getting lost with Zippie.

Now that I'm in the woods like this I wonder what Emma and the others are up to right now, I hope we'll be reunited soon.

I'm beginning to miss them more with every day that passes.