Chapter 18

The nation looks so beautiful from so far away, there was a bridge that led straight to what I assume is their capital building but even though it stood hundreds of feet into the sky and was surrounded by countless buildings the entire area was so overwhelmingly beautiful that I could hardly find the words to describe it.

I wasn't expecting it to look this magnificent, not even my imagination would've thought of a place so perfect, "Whoa...it's beautiful."

"Indeed, the nation of Yecuria, though they're the nation of consciousness they also obtain a special talent when it comes down to their construction work." Hades explained observing his fingernails, but for the sake of my own mental health I'm going to focus my attention on the fact that we've finally made it to the nation of Yecuria.

"They're surrounded by water, how intriguing." The doctor said adjusting his glasses as Zippie struggled to remain on his knee and therefore he decided to help him, setting him down on his shoulder instead as I peaked my head over the edge of the carriage for a better view.

Hades had mentioned that the people of Yecuria were rather timid individuals and I suppose a nation surrounded by water wouldn't be bothered by anyone since most wouldn't even travel this far without an actual motive—like us.

"Hey Doc, shouldn't we leave Rouille somewhere safer nearby?" Zilio questioned turning his head as Doctor Beau sat there staring at him blankly before shrugging his arms, "Don't know, why don't you ask Atticus?" He replied softly,
"Huh, me?!? Why me?!?"
"Well Atticus, what should we do with her?"
"D-Don't ask me, ask Hades! This is HIS mission, I'm just tagging along like the two of you!" Zilio signed turning his attention to Hades before swallowing his pride to ask him for instructions.

Fortunately Hades answered rather quickly with a simple, "Yes." In response to the first question that started this minor conversation.

"Alright, let's find shelter." Zilio said turning Rouille onto another path that led farther west of the direction of the main city, and I have to admit that I am finding it a little difficult to believe that we've actually reached the nation of Yecuria after all of this time, especially after everything we've gone through together just to get here.

Fortunately, we ended up finding ourselves in some kind of abandoned building that was flooded with overgrown plants and trees but considering we'd prefer Rouille go unnoticed, the place was perfect and therefore we decided that this would be the place to leave her until we're ready to head back to the castle.

"Such a good girl, I'm sure you're quite exhausted after all of that walking huh~?" Doctor Beau made his way out of the back of the carriage to baby Rouille face to face and right as he mentioned the words "...you must be exhausted.", she had collapsed onto the ground sending me flying over the side of the carriage and back first onto the ground, which hurt... a lot."

"Agh..." I groaned pushing myself with my elbows as Hades stared down at me cluelessly,
"Oh my, are you alright darling?"
"Ee?" Zippie questioned, dropping both his ears and slightly tilting his head as Hades leaned down with a hand reaching out to me.

"I'm okay, thanks," I said taking Hades's hand as he dragged me closer to his chest before removing the remaining dust that had gotten on my clothes which was a little embarrassing.

Though I decided to ignore him turning around to see Zilio staring off into the distance, "Pipep!"
"Hm? Sorry Zippie, I don't have anything that would entertain you right now." I smiled as Hades suddenly lifted me into his arms as if I were his bride—which I technically am but not—I mean logically speaking I am but—oh you get it.

"Whoa-!" I wrapped my arms around him as he lifted me from the ground as Zippie slid his way down onto my stomach which sent a chill throughout my entire day since he is in fact cold.