Chapter 15

Hades and Zilio have been bickering since they first woke up, meanwhile, Zippie and I have been assisting Doctor Beau in preparing for our departure to the nation of Yecuria.

We've had the opportunity to speak privately and therefore I did question whether he had the ability to use magic or not and to my surprise his reply was indifferent, "Though I do not have the ability to use one of the elements, I do possess the ability to communicate with certain plants used for most of the medicine I create." He explained, sliding his arms through his coat.

"Really? But how does that make sense...?"
"I've been searching for that answer since I was a boy, though I've never been able to find a logical explanation I know there's one out there." He turned his attention back to Hades and Zilio as they continued arguing with one another.

Our journey hasn't even begun yet both of them are already trying to kill each other again, for the love of the gods please let them get along.

"Ziippie!"
"Hm? What is it Zippie?" I glanced over at Zippie to see him holding some type of pink plant with a giant smile across his little face, "Ah, I see. This here is what we refer to as a Kisyum bud, they're scented plants that have the ability to attract other small female animals mainly birds but I'm going to assume that you're friend here has gained a bit of an interest in it." The doctor chuckles at the sight before placing a handful of different jars and bowls into his bag before a sudden crash comes from behind us.

"Oh dear," Hades said calmly, while Zilio stood next to him ready to attack as the wall came crashing down and on the other side stood a large...monster that had a traveling carriage attached to its back, "Rouille, Perfect timing!"
The doctor shouted running towards the beast with his arms open as he hugged it excitedly before stretching it aggressively.

"...What is that thing?!?"
"What in God's name is that thing." Zippie hopped into my arms as we all stared at Doctor Beau and his...animal-monster thing waiting for a response.

"Come now, how could you refer to such a beautiful creature as a thing?!? This is Rouille, she's my favorite evolution of a carthorse!"
"Wait a second that was a horse!?!" I shouted,

"Interesting, you must be more intelligent than you appear..." Hades made his way towards Rouille as I hesitantly made my way behind Zilio to prevent myself from getting hurt Hades placed a hand on Rouille's head causing her to collapse onto the floor in an instant as the doctor laughed at himself.

"I appreciate your praise, she's grown quite a liking to you indeed. She only lies down for those she accepts as family, why don't you two try petting her as well?" The doctor gazed at us as Zilio lowered his guard, placing his sword back in its cloth, "Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass," I won't say it out loud but the thing looks like it could eat me whole without a sweat.

Zilio on the other hand took the opportunity as Hades made his way back to my side with his arms crossed over one another, "...Do you really believe that thing was once a horse?" I asked,
"Zip-Zippi!" Zippie replied,
"I believe the creature is correct, though the creature may appear larger it's clear that its characteristics are similar to those of a horse."

"Which characteristics are supposed to resemble the horse exactly...?" I questioned lifting an eyebrow as he smiled at me, "Try feeling its fur darling." He wrapped his arms around me before lifting me off the ground to begin walking towards Rouille as Zippie climbed his way onto my head
"Ahh-! C- Cut it out, put me down!"
"Are you two even paying attention?" Zilio interrupted glaring at us as Hades ignored him placing me down in front of Rouille's face.

Just what am I supposed to do?!? I don't want to touch this weird-looking horse creature, it's more strange than Zippie's original form...now we're both just staring at eachother.