it may sound stupid

"Im standing in the dark. She's dancing on the table."

"Are you even listening, Alexandra!?"

Alex's eyes traced lazily over to where Kelley was sitting with her laptop on her lap. Alex offhandedly wondered if Kelley's ass was cold, seeing as it was late February. And sure, they were in Burbank, but the grass was still wet with dew, and Kelley had just sat right on it, shorts and all.

She, herself, had better prepared. Long sleeve athletic shirt and pants. Her higher-topped cleats bopping at the soccer ball she had dropped at them some thirty odd minutes ago.

"Yes?"

"Then you agree?"

Alex did well to keep the confusion on her face to a minimum. She actually hadn't been listening particularly well.

She would tune back in occasionally between her own musings and kicks of the ball. It was just hard more or less.

Listening to Kelley babble on and on about how much she loved her girlfriend was becoming exhausting and redundant. She knew that already!

Now, she wasn't jealous persay, just less than enthused with the festivities she was sucked into because they should be happening to her instead. Simply.

"Yes. I agree."

"You agree that I should burst out of a giant cake butt fuck naked during Serenity's last tour stop to ask Christen to marry me? That's what you agree with?" And Kelley, more power to her, said it with such a straight face that Alex had no choice but to assume she was being serious.

"...Mhm..."

Kelley threw a handle of grass at the other woman. It didn't really have much of an effect as it caught the wind and blew away harmlessly.

"You butthole! You weren't listening!"

Alex stood still for a few moments, "So you're not jumping out of a cake naked, right?"

"No, that was the first idea I crossed off the list." For some reason Kelley sounded dejected about that fact.

"Thank fuck. Christen would kill all three of us."

Kelley thought for a moment, "She wouldn't kill, Serenity."

And Alex had to agree. Christen wouldn't harm Serenity because the thought of Serenity agreeing to something like that was unfathomable.

"So, what are your actual, good, Christen won't assassinate us ideas?"

Kelley gestured for Alex to sit next to her. She did so, albeit with a grimace at the feeling of moisture seeping into the seat of her joggers.

Kelley angled the laptop screen so Alex could see it better.

"Comic sans? Really, Worms?"

"Times new Roman seemed too formal for something only you, I, Serenity, and maybe my mother are going to see! Plus it makes me giggle, and giggling helps because I get insane anxiety whenever I look at this document." Kelley fell back onto the grass to stare up at the sky.

Alex didn't think twice about falling with her.

"Kelley, Christen loves you. She's going to say 'yes' even if you throw up on her shoes while asking."

And Kelley was so out of it, she didn't even laugh at that thought.

"...Okay...how about we take a break. Once Christen says 'yes', which she will, there's going to be a lot more planning in your future. So, rest while you can. I'll put on some music."