my ink's run out

"I wanna love you, but I don't know how."

Post successful.

Serenity smiled at her phone. Something she very rarely found herself doing lately.

But, she was doing well after her breakdown on Drew's couch. Nothing had changed really in her overall mental schema. It was really just the change of scenery she was currently experiencing that was lifting her spirits.

She looked out the window of the passenger plane. All that was in view was the Pacific Ocean. As had been the case for the last 10 hours. But at least it wasn't the inside of a studio or her bedroom. Sights that she had grown tired of. Sights that riddled her with anxiety.

"Would you like anymore champagne, Ms. Jackson?" The cute flight attendant asked after a soft tap on Serenity's shoulder.

That was the 3rd time the woman had asked within the last half hour. Even with being in first class, Serenity was highly aware of the fact that she was getting extra special attention from the attendant.

She wasn't dense enough to look over that she was being flirted with. And if her entire life had been different up until that point, she probably would have invited the woman back to her hotel room once they landed in Auckland. Or invited her to the plane restroom.

However, there were 2 small, little, itty bitty, tiny problems standing in the way of that.

One, she was officially publicly "dating" Kelsey now. It would be so easy for this woman to sleep with her then sell the story to a tabloid that she was a cheater. It would be a PR nightmare.

Two, Alex. Enough said.

One problem had more heft to it than the other.

The two of them hadn't explicitly said they wouldn't or couldn't sleep with other people, but Serenity hadn't been able to shake the feeling that she would be cheating if she did. It would be like the ultimate betrayal. Which was annoying, because she was horny. In every sense of the word.

There was also the thing of not just missing Alex for her body. She did just miss her in general. Like, a lot.

That was why she had booked the 13 plus hour flight to Auckland, New Zealand. That was why she had packed the...ahem...tools she had in her suitcase. It was why she was grateful she had TSA precheck and didn't have to worry about some poor agent taking a peak at her wares.

All in all, this six thousand mile booty call wasn't her fault. Alex sort of had her trained on accident. They had been having sex consistently for almost 2 months, and suddenly it just got really inconsistent and Serenity had fucking needs! No pun intended.

So, yes, like most things, this was Alex's fault.

It was also Christen's because the whole idea was hers anyway. Apparently, Alex was being just as annoying and obnoxious as Serenity had been since she had missed that penalty kick in their first game.

Serenity laughed when she heard that, then she said something along the lines of "shouldn't she be used to missing those" and that was when Christen revealed that she suspected Alex was using the PK as a crutch and really she just missed Serenity.

Christen's rationale was "it wasn't like Serenity was doing anything important" and "if you don't come and calm her down I'm going to have Kelley kill her". Serenity had Marcia book her flight before Christen could finish her presentation.

So, now, she was three hours away from touching down, and Alex had no idea she was coming. It was easier that way.

Christen had also suggested that they should talk through their problems, but that was low on Serenity's list of priorities. In fact, it was like #75 on the list. #74 was punch Zeus so, honestly, she may never get to the other one because #74 might take a while.