i'll kiss your face in the dark

"The treasure chest center of both of your eyes. Kiss with them open, see what it's liked to be loved."

SerenityJackson1 tagged you in a post.

Alex looked down at Serenity with a curious eyebrow raise. They were laying on Alex's couch. Well, Alex was laying on the couch. Serenity was laying on Alex.

They were finally seconds away from finishing Batwoman. Alex assumed they were both paying attention. In fact, Serenity's phone was on the coffee table. When the hell did she have time to post a picture of them together? Hell, when did she even take the photo?

"You're thinking too hard again. You're going to hurt yourself, Cal."

Alex pouted, poking Serenity in the side, causing her to giggle and squirm, "I'm not going to hurt myself. I think hard all the time!"

"Mhm. And you're so sexy when you do it." Serenity grabbed her phone, scrolling through the replies of the post her social media had just posted.

"When did you even take that picture?" Alex asked, as the end credits of the show ran. The entire show would require a rewatch. She'll be honest, it was sort of hard to pay attention when her girlfriend was as close to her as she was.

"When you were busy being the gayest person I've ever met and rewinding the wildmoore sex scene over and over again." Serenity continued to scroll through the replies, liking and replying as she went. She wasn't even phased by Alex's antics. She was used to her.

"Wow, a girl can't admire the intricacies  of filmmaking without being called gay?"

Serenity rolled her eyes playfully. She was silent for a few seconds, nibbling at her lip, "It's been 4 months and people are still being weird about us dating..."

Alex shrugged the shoulder that Serenity wasn't laying on, "Weird how? I mean, we did just sort of drop that bomb out of nowhere for people who weren't perpetually in our business."

"I don't know. I guess I'm not used to people being that intrested in my private life. I mean, there was the whole thing with Kelsey, but even that was still somewhat contained. You know I'm a control freak...I guess you just really are a superstar, huh?"

Alex smiled softly, "Sorry?"

Serenity pecked her lightly on the cheek, "No need. It's what you wanted. It's what we wanted. If you think about it, all of the things we dreamed about in college came true."

Alex hummed, picking up her own phone to text her agent, "Almost. You still haven't married me yet."

Serenity scoffed, "And I won't until you propose. Besides, at least give it a year. You could be a serial killer for all I know!"

Alex chortled, "And when would I have the time to serial kill? If I'm not with you, I'm at work. Thoughx it's the offseason, so I'm mainly just with you."

Serenity shrugged, "So you say..."

Alex finished the text to her agent, not in the least bit surprised when she got an immediate text back.

"...Are you sure you're okay with all of this attention?" Serenity nibbled on her lip again.

Alex put her phone down, looking at Serenity, "I'm used to it. If you're underlying question is if I regret coming out and making our relationship public and do I secretly hate you? The answer is fuck no."

Serenity blinked a few times, "There was absolutely no need for you to read me for filth like that just now."

"I love you too. By the way, if you're not going to marry me anytime soon, the least you could do is move in."