☼ t w o ☼

///LOOK AT THAT CUTE LITTLE KITTEN IN THE MEDIA I CRY///

See, the thing is... getting noticed by someone is amazing. Whether it's your school crush, or maybe your boss finally noticing how well you do your job so she/he gives you a raise, or maybe you get noticed for a secret talent. It's an awesome feeling that flows through your body, like butterflies, or maybe fireworks due to excitement. Adrenaline starts pumping through your veins, and your happiness has finally reached over 9000.

Or, for instance, maybe someone completely and utterly famous notices you.

Someone in a band, with a few million followers on Twitter.

Someone who chose your tweet, out of all the other tweets he gets, to respond to.

Someone who you've been dying just to say hello to ever since you discovered his existence.

Someone who may or may not be named Michael Clifford.

Yeah, that guy.

So here's the deal. My hot pocket is now cold, and I've been staring at my phone screen for the past 5 minutes, trying to comprehend what just exactly happened. I'm dreaming, right? I pinched my thigh; yep, definitely awake. I closed the app and turned my phone completely off. I waited a few seconds, then turned it back on and went back on Twitter. Maybe it was an error. Yet his response was still there.

"No freaking way," I mumbled to myself, my face breaking out in a huge grin.

Then I start to panic because I've wasted a whole 7 minutes and 26 seconds trying to realize what happened, that now it's probably too late to reply to him in hopes that he might reply back, again.

But of course I do it anyway.

@maebae96: @Michael5SOS that may be true and all, except you kind of just posted about it on twitter... which, y'know, defeats the purpose of no one knowing......

I send it before I continue to ramble and look stupid. I sigh, knowing he most likely won't reply a second time cause he normally doesn't, then wiggle happily in my bed, imagining that I'm running through a field of daisies and kittens. I pause when the blue banner pops up at the bottom of my screen, saying "Michael Clifford favorited your tweet", then "Michael Clifford mentioned you in a tweet".

@Michael5SOS: @maebae96 I suppose you might be right. hey btw, I think you got the numbers in your name mixed up. It's 69, not 96 😉

The little blue banner pops up again, this time saying "Michael Clifford is now following you!"

I swear my heart stopped for a second and my inner fan girl was begging me to release her.

But instead I kept my cool, and snorted at the sexual reference, knowing he wouldn't know that '96 was the year I was born. I push my glasses up my nose, still grinning like a moron, and begin typing out my reply.

@maebae96: @Michael5SOS actually it's supposed to be 96, you perv

I shake my head at my lame response, then start scrolling through everyone's reaction tweets to Michael and I's conversation, figuring this would be the end. But alas, I was wrong.

@Michael5SOS: @maebae96 someone's sassy tonight!

I roll my eyes.

@maebae96: @Michael5SOS I'm sassy every night big boy 😉

Big boy? Really, Mae? I might as well just tweet him saying "fuck me daddy and call me kitten". I face palmed, knowing that he definitely would not be replying to that.

And also cause we all know Ashton is Daddy af.

But I mean, let's be real, who the heck in their right mind would reply to that. I set my phone down on my nightstand, along with my glasses, and stared up at my popcorn ceiling in the dark. I giggled, knowing I just had a small conversation with the biggest derp in existence. I sighed contently, closing my eyes, only to snap them open. My phone went off, so I reached over and grabbed it, squinting my eyes due to the brightness.

He DM'd me.

Michael freaking DM'd me.

I snatched my glasses off my nightstand and quickly swiped my thumb to the right, typing in my password four times cause my hands were shaking so bad and I kept getting it wrong. I opened Twitter and went straight to my DM's.

(11:24 PM) Michael5SOS: why don't you have any pictures of yourself on here?

My eyebrows knitted together. What an odd and random question to start with.

(11:25 PM) maebae96: that's quite an interesting icebreaker

(11:26 PM) Michael5SOS: thanks, it took me ages to come up with 😉 [winking emoji]

(11:26 PM) Michael5SOS: but seriously, why no pictures?

(11:27 PM) maebae96: I have one

(11:27 PM) Michael5SOS: where??

(11:27 PM) maebae96: my avi, duh

(11:29 PM) Michael5SOS: ok it doesn't count when all you can see if the back of your head

I snorted, quickly going to my profile and admiring my avi. I smiled fondly at the memory. Kat took the picture while we were at the beach a few weeks ago. The sun was setting, and it was slightly breezy out so my hair was blowing everywhere as I was looking out at the ocean. A cliché yet candid moment, in my opinion.

(11:31 PM) maebae96: I suppose you might be right

(11:32 PM) Michael5SOS: so???

(11:32 PM) maebae96: so what?

(11:33 PM) Michael5SOS: so what do you look like!

(11:34 PM) maebae96: a human probably

(11:35 PM) Michael5SOS: no shit 😒 [glaring emoji]

(11:35 PM) Michael5SOS: c'mon, tell meeee

(11:37 PM) Michael5SOS: or show me, that works too

(11:40 PM) maebae96: idk I have blue-green eyes pink hair and I'm pregnant

(11:40 PM) Michael5SOS: shit you're pregnant??

(11:41 PM) maebae96: ya

(11:41 PM) maebae96: I ate like an entire pizza for dinner and now I have a food baby ugh

(11:42 PM) Michael5SOS: oh

(11:42 PM) Michael5SOS: I thought you were actually pregnant for a second lol

(11:44 PM) maebae96: heck no, babies terrify me

(11:46 PM) Michael5SOS: oh cmon, babies aren't that bad

(11:46 PM) Michael5SOS: theyre cute with their little chubby cheeks and soft skin

(11:47 PM) maebae96: I have chubby cheeks and soft skin

(11:47 PM) maebae96: does that mean I'm cute???

(11:48 PM) Michael5SOS: yes (even tho I have no idea what you look like I'm just going to assume your cute)

(11:49 PM) maebae96: *you're

(11:49 PM) maebae96: and I thought luke was the one who couldn't bother to know the difference between your and you're

(11:49 PM) maebae96: jeez mike get ur shit together

(11:50 PM) Michael5SOS: oh shut up

////////
(a/n)

DOUBLE UPDATE/SUPER LONG CHAPTER BC WHY NOT

I'm so sorry to anyone who can't see emojis omg but I can't just not use them bc mikey uses them a lot I feel and i typed in what emoji it is for all of you

ANYWAY DON'T BE A SILENT READER ILYSM