☼ t w e n t y - s e v e n ☼

/// thanks for killing me with this tweet michael 'preciate bro ///

"Good morning, Ms. Robins," my boss greeted me as soon as I walked in the door. I smiled kindly at her, still genuinely buzzing from the concert that happened almost a week ago.

"Good morning Tammy," I nodded, grabbing my apron from the hook it rested on and slipping it over my head. "Is Levi in yet?"

"Not yet," she furrowed her brows in annoyance due to her son being late. 

Levi rarely ever showed up for work for some unknown reason, but every time he did, he'd reek of alcohol. I was always curious, wanting to know why he would destroy himself like that. But if he struggled with himself like I did, I guess I could kind of understand some form of self-destruction.

I laid out all of the ingredients that I needed, grabbing a big mixing bowl from under the counter. I turned the coffee maker on as Tammy disappeared into the back room. Pouring a massive amount of flour into them a mixing cup and measuring it, I dumped it into the bowl right when the front door bell jingled.

"I'll be right with you," I yelled out enthusiastically, pouring some sugar in next.

I spun around on my heels, only to see Levi sitting at one of the tables with his head in his hands. I sighed and grabbed a mug from the counter, pouring the black coffee into it. Grabbing a few aspirin out of my bag, I made my way over to the table, sitting across from the 21 year old. I pushed the mug of coffee to him and placed the 4 pills next to it.

"Thank you," he said softly, running his hands through his dark hair. He took the pills, popping all 4 in his mouth and swallowing, taking a sip of coffee after.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I offered, placing my hand over his and a supportive manner. He smiled weakly at me, he's grey bloodshot eyes screaming at me that he was exhausted. He ran his thumb over my fingertips before retracting and getting up.

"Duty calls," he smirked, downing the rest of his coffee. "Thanks mom."

I scowled at him. "Can you not?"

Levi shrugged, grabbing his apron off the hook. "Do you want to hang out after work?"

"What?" I blinked, taken aback by his question. No one ever wanted to hang out with me except Kat. He chuckled, rubbing his tired eyes.

"I asked if you wanted to hang out after work. Maybe get some food or something."

I bit my lip as I fiddled with my fingers in my lap. I could be friends with guys, right?

"Sure."

----

My heart felt like it was about to burst right out of my chest as I stood in the bathroom of the bakery, staring at myself in the mirror. I yanked my hair out of its ponytail, deciding that I would be giving it a trim tomorrow. But my hair was the least of my worries.

I was about to hang out with the boy.

Me, Mae Robins, hanging out with a boy.

I shook my head, subconsciously pulling my Guns n Roses shirt down and tugging Michael's flannel (which still smelled like him) close to my body as I exited the bathroom. Levi stood outside, leaning against the window while smoking a cigarette. I swung the front door open, the cold slightly surprising me. It was nearly May, why was it still cold out?

Levi pushed himself off of the window and I noticed that he was blessed with the fact that he didn't have to wear the uncomfortably itchy work uniform. Instead he was wearing dark blue skinny jeans and a plain grey shirt, with a few tattoos peeking out from underneath the sleeve. He adjusted the sunglasses that sat on his nose, grinning at me with a set of straight, white teeth. I'll admit he's slightly attractive.

Only slightly.

"If you're done checking me out, I'd like to go get some Taco Bell," he said, making my face heat up.

"I'm not checking you out!" I retorted, shaking my head and speedwalking past him while he laughed loudly. He jogged to catch up with me.

"So," he started, taking a final drag from his cigarette before flicking it ahead of us and stepping on it. "Who was that guy who was hanging around the shop a few weeks ago?"

"Smoking is bad for you, you know," I pointed out, avoiding the question like Michael avoided the sun. Levi shrugged.

"I know, I'm hoping it kills me one day," he chuckled halfheartedly, making my heart drop. "So, who was the guy?"

"My friend," I sighed, figuring he wouldn't explain further and also not wanting to talk about this with him. I had no idea how he would react if you knew how famous Ash was.

"He looked familiar," he mused, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Oh?" I squeaked out, staring harshly at the ground.

"Oh yeah, he's in that one band, what's it called? 5 years of winter?"

I stopped dead in my tracks.

You have got to be kidding me.

When I gave him a look, he laughed and held up his hands and defense and I started walking again.

"I'm kidding, don't bite my head off. Becca is so obsessed with that band, I'm obligated to know just about everything about them since she talks about them so much."

I breathed out a sigh of relief. "Who's Becca?"

"My 14 year old little sister," he grimaced, shaking his head as he pulled open the door to Taco Bell, holding it open for me. "What do you want?"

"Oh, I can get my own -"

"I didn't ask if you could get your own food," he said, rolling his eyes, making me feel small.

"Just nachos and a drink, please."

/////////
(a/n)

I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD BY POPULAR DEMAND

and by popular demand I mean I decided to just update from my phone (which took me like 80 years to do I hope you all appreciate this cause my thumbs are about to fall off)

this was such a filler I'm so soRRY but oooo who's this new guy idkidkidk
jk I do hA

ok can I just say that I've been getting a ton of support lately and I'm like ????¿?

where did u all suddenly come from????

I'm confused but I'm not complaining omfg we've reached like 4.5k views and almost 500 pretty lil stars I'm peeing thank you all so much I love you all you are all my children now

anyway, I'm thinking about doing a Michael POV for the next chapter, how does that sound? yes? no?? maybe???

also I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who commented on the last chapter demanding that I update the story because they were so into it ( @fratboyharry said that they're so far up this books ass it's not even funny anymore and it made me laugh so hard so shout out to u fam ) and I also apologize for not having any wifi because I'm a broke bitch

❤️don't be a silent reader❤️