☼ f i f t y - t w o ☼

/// ok so one of you pointed out to me that michael did in fact drive mae to the cliff way back when and i honestly forgot (whoops) but i had this chap all planned out so pls forgive me and *sighs heavily* just go with it ///

"Push down the right pedal."

"Okay..."

"FUCK I DIDNT MEAN FLOOR IT, MICHAEL!"

"YOU SAID PUSH DOWN THE PEDAL!"

"MICHAEL!"

"MAE!"

"WATCH OUT FOR THAT POLE! OH MY GOD."

"MAE HELP ME."

"MICHAEL THERE'S A BUILDING THERE!"

"STOP YELLING AT ME."

"THE BRAKE, PRESS THE BRAKE!"

Michael finally slammed his foot down on the brake, making the car screech to a stop and jolting us forward.

"Fucks sake Michael," I breathed, placing my hand on my forehead as I tried to stop my heart from beating out of my chest.

"You said press down the pedal!" He tried defending himself, and I gave him an oh cmon dude look.

"Well I'm sorry I thought you'd know better than to slam your giant foot down on the pedal!" I shouted, taking my glasses off and pinching the bridge of my nose.

Michael muttered something incoherent under his breath, rubbing his eye. "Do we have to do this?"

"No," I admitted, pursing my lips. "But why not?"

"I just feel like this isn't the best idea right now, Mae."

"It's a great idea shut up."

"You sound like me," he laughed, shaking his head.

"I'm just saying," I gave him a lopsided grin.

"The road is wet," he pointed out. I cocked an eyebrow.

"So?"

"So I could kill us both."

"Very comforting but I think we'll be fine," I rolled my eyes, and looked at the semi wet parking lot surrounding us. He was right. "Just don't drive through any puddles cause those fuckers are Satan in disguise when you're driving after it rains."

"Very comforting," he mocked and I glared at him.

Michael took a deep breath, gripped the steering wheel, and pressed down the pedal again.

"Good!" I said, smiling at him. Even though we were crawling along at a whopping 3 miles an hour, it was progress. Michael grinned, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Total pro right here baby," he gushed, taking a hand off the wheel and leaning back like he was cool, only to sit back upright with both hands on the wheel when he started veering towards a pole again. I smiled lightly at the term of endearment, deciding that I'd probably never get used to it.