☼ f o r t y - t w o ☼

/// BREAKING NEWS: WATTPAD HAS STOPPED BEING A SHIT NUGGET AND IS LETTING ME USE ITALICS ON MY PHONE HALLELUJAH ///

I stared at the ceiling in my room - yes, my room - at 1:42 in the afternoon, still in my pajamas.

I was literally the biggest dumbass in existence. I had royally fucked up, as they say.

It's been almost 2 weeks since I got home and I was a mess, with only myself to blame.

With only the occasional "hey how are you" "I'm okay" "cool" texts, Michael and I had barely talked. I could tell he was mad at me; it was pretty obvious. And I didn't blame him. But as I stared at a picture of him and some platinum blonde haired girl with duck lips, looking a little too close for comfort, I couldn't help the knots in my stomach.

I shouldn't be getting this jealous when Michael isn't even my boyfriend and they could just be friends, right?

"Please answer," I whispered, my voice cracking as I listened to the dial tone. When she didn't answer, I left a voicemail.

"Kat, can you please come over as soon as you get the chance? Please." My bottom lip trembled and I quickly hung up.

Who was this girl and where did she even come from?

I scrolled through Twitter till a video popped up, making my heart stop. And of course, it automatically played.

It was the girl, in a robe, next to Michael, who was clearly shirtless and also in a robe.

I immediately closed Twitter and texted the only other person I knew.

----

"They're probably doing it right now."

"Mae, no they're not."

"They totally are. I mean, I would if I was him."

"Mae."

"Why wouldn't he? She's hot and skinny and I'm, well, me."

"Mae-"

"And I just fucking left him! I didn't even say bye! What kind of person am I?"

Levi threw a pillow at me, making me drop my spoon into the floor. I frowned.

"Don't be rude, I'm already in enough pain," I whined, sniffling. Levi narrowed his eyes at me.

"Quit throwing a fucking pity party. This is your own fault."

"You brought me ice cream to make me feel better, why are you ganging up on me?"

"I'm not," he sighed, getting more comfortable on my bed. He plopped a spoonful of plain vanilla ice cream in his mouth and thought for a moment. "But I'm not giving you pity. I'm not here to sugar coat things and tell you what you want to hear. I'm here to tell you what you need to hear."

I sighed as well. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Levi gave me a smug look and I rolled my eyes, but I was thankful he was here.

"What do I do?"

Levi shrugged. "Just talk to him. Apologize for being an idiot and make it up to him. I mean, no offense or anything, but he deserves a lot and you should be the one to give that to him, and you're not. You're letting your insecurities get the best of you when he clearly thinks the world of you."

My cheeks heated up at the thought of Michael thinking of me like that. Could he really think the world of me, like I do of him?

"But-"

"Don't even bother denying it. It's fucking clear as day. Trust me, I follow him on Twitter."

I smirked and crossed my arms over my chest. "Oh really? I thought you didn't like them."

"Eh," he shrugged again. "They're okay."

"Just okay?" I repeated, raising an eyebrow. He rolled his eyes and huffed.

"Okay, they're really good. Happy?"

I gave him a smug smile.

Suddenly my bedroom door flew open and a very red faced, out of breath Kat appeared, holding a huge duffle bag.

"I left work as soon as I got your message- who's he?"

She eyes Levi as she made her way into my room. Her brown hair was in a very messy bun and her green eyes looked slightly frantic, though I didn't blame her since I was practically sobbing hysterically in the voice mail I left her an hour ago.

"Uh, this is Levi. He works at the bakery with me. Levi, this is Kat, my psychotic best friend," I explained, gesturing my hands everywhere.

She took in his disheveled dark hair and smoky gray eyes and smirked a smirk as if she was thinking "damn this guy is attractive". She tossed the bag on my bed, and its contents poured out - which included 6 Disney and 4 Nicolas Sparks movies, a container of raw cookie dough, a box of extra soft tissues and about a million packets of KitKats.

She knows me well.

"Oh please, continue the conversation. Don't mind me."

Kat was up to something and Lord knows it's not going to end well.

////////
(a/n)

here's a shitty chapter in honor of sounds good feels good finally being released!!!!

OH AND DID I MENTION CATFISH HIT 100K????????

I didn't? that's probably cause i just noticed whoops

anyway!!!! sgfg holY shIT caN we JUst

what's your favorite song?? mine's either waste the night or castaway. or safety pin. or outer space/carry on. or san francisco.

Don't be a silent reader!! ❤️❤️❤️

ps Will stop bullying me you buttlick